Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A tasty Blight resistant Potato

Options
  • 29-03-2015 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭

I`m looking to grow a blight resistant potato with the following qualities:
    Tasty
    High Yield
    Good blight resistance
    Something close to a Rooster

Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭TAZ32

I`m looking to grow a blight resistant potato with the following qualities:
    Tasty
    High Yield
    Good blight resistance
    Something close to a Rooster

Anyone any ideas?

i did Setanta a few years ago. has blight resistance, late main crop. i got lots of large potatoes. it is red skinned and has a good flavour. floury type spud. best of lick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭baconsarnie

TAZ32 wrote: »
    i did Setanta a few years ago. has blight resistance, late main crop. i got lots of large potatoes. it is red skinned and has a good flavour. floury type spud. best of lick

I've grown Sarpo Mia a couple of times. Monster tubers. Very happy with the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

With Setanta and Sarpo Mario would I need to spray at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

Can't speak for Setanta, but I've grown Sarpo Mira and you see a bit of leaf browning when blight is present, but that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭baconsarnie

Can't speak for Setanta, but I've grown Sarpo Mira and you see a bit of leaf browning when blight is present, but that's it.

Also same for me. Sarpo tubers as yet haven't been effected for me, just some issues with leaves

• Advertisement
Advertisement