Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania LIVE thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Didn't think that Rollins could just add himself to a match like that mid-match. It was a good swerve, and if it means Reigns doesn't leave champ then I'm happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭glenjamin

For all those complaining would you rather have seen Reigns mount a comeback and win the title or this?

I'm happy. Great match. Intensity was incredible. Unique ending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,267 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Shocking ending just brilliant wasn't expecting that. Rollins over Roman any day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Amazing finish. Couldn't have done it better. Class ending

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Great show and excellent main event

https://twitter.com/EamoV1/status/582377208175558659

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

martyos121 wrote: »
    I backed Brock on Paddy Power, what's the story now?

Paddy Power @paddypower · 41s 41 seconds ago
    Not gonna lie, lads. I don't know what happens with the Lesnar v Reigns market. Everyone else in the company is bloody asleep. #WrestleMania

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Most enjoyable Wrestlemania in years imo.

Strongly disagree with that statement.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Thought this year was every bit as good as last. Ladder match, Ronda Rousey, DX VS NWO, Rollins cashing in, the crab walk/sit up spot. Each match was brilliant in it's own way. And that main event....

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Overall a solid 7.5 out of ten with the main event and ladder match excellent. Hopefully now Reigns can be pushed properly with a feud with Rollins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

No after show?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Great 'Mania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

WOW...... That is all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Xenji wrote: »
    Strongly disagree with that statement.
    I dont. It was a lot of fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 G Spark

Would have liked to see Sting win but f**k it, that was a whopper show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Reigns stepped up tonight and delivered a great performance; Brock was his usual brilliantly beastly self. Did you see how engrossed the front rows were and the amount of people standing? Great stuff.

The cash-in helps to elevate the three of them as Lesnar stays super strong and Reigns can be considered unfortunate in the circumstances.

I think they booked it very well. Post-Mania Raw should be epic.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    No after show?

Straight into the replay on the network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Most memorable Mania main event in recent history. As another poster pointed out, shades of Edge there from Seth Rollins. There's a new ultimate opportunist!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Xenji wrote: »
    Straight into the replay on the network.

Pity...I was looking forward to hearing some more about Booker T's book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

At least Jag Thindh didnt ruin the moment for Rollins :pac:

Good show, glad I stayed up for it. Was a lot better than I expected and Reigns didnt win \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 G Spark

Necrominus wrote: »
    Thought this year was every bit as good as last. Ladder match, Ronda Rousey, DX VS NWO, Rollins cashing in, the crab walk/sit up spot. Each match was brilliant in it's own way. And that main event....

This. All this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,170 ✭✭✭✭briany

Great WM overall, to be fair. What I don't understand is they're putting the belt on Rollins, but I thought they had this whole plan to keep it on Brock and elevate the other titles in the meantime. Now that there's a full time champion again, that'll probably go out the window. Anyway, even if they are to go with elevating the other titles, they'd want a brand split. Two titles of more or less equal importance on the same show never really worked anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Most enjoyable Wrestlemania in years imo.
    I disagree, while I did get pretty excited for Rollins cash in, it had nothing on Bryan's moment from last year. Overall I thought last year was better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Thought it was a strong show overall, especially considering the lacklustre build. There was a bit of a dip after HHH/Sting but the last two matches picked it back up again.

Fantastic main event, not even upset about Brock dropping the belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

Considering how incredibly awful the build up to this Mania has been the last 3 months, that was an absolutely incredible show, and will go down in my top 5 personal favorite Wrestlemania's ( perhaps that might change on second viewing) Rollins cashing was just perfect, that match was incredible, cant wait to see where they go with it tomorrow..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

A great end to the show. They wisely held off on putting it on Reigns as his time will come and didnt just have him win it for a few secs either.

Lesnar and Reigns both come out looking good and Seth has got the title after all his good work all year.

I enjoyed it overall but Sting losing was a downer.Last 2 matches were well done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

4 way title match at Extreme Rules?

Lesnar Reigns Orton Rollins

I would give it a 6/10, the best match was the opener, actually the pre show fatal four way was right up there with it as well.

As for the rest of the matches they were all your RAW type matches with a few extra bell and whistles, the Sting match was a disaster for me, I remember watching Nitro every Friday on TCM and actually wanted to see a proper match, not some overloaded finish with wrestlers we have seen regularly as legends go, the last time I properly marked out for a returning legend was Jake.

The main event was predictable, Reigns winning would lead to serious backlash, they wanted to keep Brock strong, so do something that has not happened before and protect everybody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Angron wrote: »
    I disagree, while I did get pretty excited for Rollins cash in, it had nothing on Bryan's moment from last year. Overall I thought last year was better.

Last year it was obvious Bryan was winning. This year there was genuine uncertainty as to what would happen.

They knocked it out of the park in the main event. Only thing that annoys me is the result of Sting/Hunter. Not so much that they had Sting lose, but the way in which they talked him down during the match prior to the result.

But I have to forgive that after the other moments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

I wonder if Brock knew the outcome of this would he have signed the contract to stay in WWE

• Advertisement

aw50bX8.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement