Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania LIVE thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Everybody came out of the title match the better for it i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Fantastic show. I had such low expectations, but that main event was class...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I think it's fairly safe to say, Reigns will come out to a great reaction tomorrow on Raw, and he deserves it IMO. Can't praise him enough for putting on such a physical, stuff and brutal match and looking like a main eventer for the first time. He's not a lost cause yet, not by a long shot.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

A lot of fun. Orton's RKO was the standout moment for me. The Rock - HHH segment took way too long and there was so much dead air, really dragged. Main event was a laugh with the right and most predictable outcome. Ladder match was meh, didnt enjoy it.
    7/10

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

paconnors wrote: »
    I wonder if Brock knew the outcome of this would he have signed the contract to stay in WWE

Brock doesnt give two fcuks how he's booked (within reason) as long as he's getting paid and seen as one of the top 2/3 guys in there he's happy. But mostly he loves the dollars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭briany

Consider this : The main event wasn't being booked by any of the regular writing staff, according to Meltzer. It was all Vince. So, after I don't know long of berating him for being out of touch, he's got to get some credit here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

paconnors wrote: »
    I wonder if Brock knew the outcome of this would he have signed the contract to stay in WWE

Surely they have a two week cooling off period.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭irs

Last year it was obvious Bryan was winning. This year there was genuine uncertainty as to what would happen.

Last year had the streak ending which is about as big a shock as any Wrestlemania has had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

qZc9RV3.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

6.5 out of ten for me.

Lots of meh in the middle but a strong opener, a lovely RKO, a decent return for Taker and a main even that went well above what I thought it would be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Hard not to appreciate Roman after that, he got battered. Found it hard to watch at times.

Brock was his usual nut job self and I loved it. I'd say he gets a kick out of being so reckless towards his own health.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

martyos121 wrote: »
    I think it's fairly safe to say, Reigns will come out to a great reaction tomorrow on Raw, and he deserves it IMO. Can't praise him enough for putting on such a physical, stuff and brutal match and looking like a main eventer for the first time. He's not a lost cause yet, not by a long shot.

It won't happen, one match will not change fans reaction to him, hell most were chanting this is awesome when Brock was destroying him, most of these fans will also be in attendance at RAW tomorrow night.

All hail Rollins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Highlights for me:

- Great ladder match to open the show. Right guy won.
    - Very good match with Orton and Rollins and a superb finish.
    - Nice nostalgia moments during HHH/Sting and the uncertainty over what would happen next.
    - Rusev entrance
    - Awesome segment with Rock and Ronda.
    - Good match with Taker and Wyatt and nice moments near the end.
    - Absolutely gripping main event and finish.

Lowlights:

- Sting/HHH result left a sour taste.

Overall:

9/10

Highlights for me:

- Great ladder match to open the show. Right guy won.
    - Very good match with Orton and Rollins and a superb finish.
    - Nice nostalgia moments during HHH/Sting and the uncertainty over what would happen next.
    - Rusev entrance
    - Awesome segment with Rock and Ronda.
    - Good match with Taker and Wyatt and nice moments near the end.
    - Absolutely gripping main event and finish.

Lowlights:

- Sting/HHH result left a sour taste.

Overall:

9/10

If this WM is 9/10 for you please name which WM got a 10/10 in your books, as it in no way deserves that sort of praise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Do people think that was a babyface turn? There was no J & J security with Rollins.

Have to laugh at people saying it was predictable. I read the whole thread and nobody suggested Rollins would cash-in in the middle of the match to make it a triple threat. The vast majority said Reigns would win.

It was a fun show with some great moments. Wouldn't say the match quality was great but I liked the main event and Reigns went way up in my estimation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

For anyone interested, the Lesnar/Reigns match was refunded on Paddy Power. Money already back in my account. Can't complain really.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭TGJD

I genuinely thought that was excellent. Some lacklustre parts but still cranked out an epic show despite shockingly poor build up. I would have preferred to see brock pin rollins instead of taking the spear at the end as I love the way he is being presented as champion but still the ending was good. They kept brock strong anyway and it will be interesting to see where they go with him from here. Reigns earned a lot of respect with his performance. The rusev loss was the only real gripe for me but I guess america had to prevail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭The White Feather

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

They knocked it out of the park in the main event. Only thing that annoys me is the result of Sting/Hunter. Not so much that they had Sting lose, but the way in which they talked him down during the match prior to the result.

Once Sting/Triple H stopped being a wrestling match it put a damper on things for me.

And Cena of all people doesn't give a damn about Lana being injured? Blech.

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »
    If this WM is 9/10 for you please name which WM got a 10/10 in your books, as it in no way deserves that sort of praise.

I'll quote Dave Meltzer instead:
    This was one of the best shows I've ever seen. Several great matches, a killer angle and very little that wasn't good.

I wonder how quickly all the naysayers will change their tune in the coming days because this is going to go down as one of the best Manias.

Believe that!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Overall a really really good Mania.

One match had the result I wouldn't have wanted going in (Sting). The rest all had the right winners and how they got to those endings was well done.

The main event was really good. Brock throwing people around is always fun. Seeing Reigns go through it was enjoyable. The story they told of him surviving, Brock getting half killed by the ring post and then Rollins inserting himself in the match was really good.

The rise of Rollins to get his moment was perfectly timed and the perfect end to his year.

Its always a good main event when it fittingly marks the end of the (wwe) wrestling year and kicks off the new one in style.

I wonder how quickly all the naysayers will change their tune in the coming days because this is going to go down as one of the best Manias.

Believe that!

I do not see how it could, mediocre matches, reliance on nostalgia, promos that had no direction and did not end with a clear purpose, if people think that Rollins cashing in made this years Mania they are delusional, this Mania actually showed up nearly all of the WWE's current faults, Stings loss and the ridiculous sideshow that went with it, plus they could of added at least 2 more matches on the card, the pre show fatal four way showed up most matches on the main card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

BMMachine wrote: »
    A lot of fun. Orton's RKO was the standout moment for me. The Rock - HHH segment took way too long and there was so much dead air, really dragged. Main event was a laugh with the right and most predictable outcome. Ladder match was meh, didnt enjoy it.
    7/10

My exact sentiments .... RKO was amazing, ladder match in comparison to previous MITB was somewhat lacklustre...sting v HHH was IMO a classic due to DX v NWO factor, I ****in loved it. Taker match was good, my favourite spot was the spider v the sit up. . The finish was amazing!

Cole drags the whole experience down, I laughed at lawlor ( Fee Fi Phobia) and JBL but cole was like a cheese grater trying to skin a rock at times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,213 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Great 'Mania.

8/10.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 259 ✭✭Dep!

Where did you read that? There's nothing on his Twitter.

Dep! wrote: »
    Where did you read that? There's nothing on his Twitter.

It's on the Mania live coverage page on the Observer website. There's praise for almost everything on the show.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I'll take it
    CBUL91RUYAAI0nf.jpg

It's on the Mania live coverage page on the Observer website. There's praise for almost everything on the show.

Give a direct link, as I see none of that on the homepage http://www.f4wonline.com/ usless you are on about the live report which is done by neither Meltzer or Alvarez.

• Advertisement

Some people no likey the stunt Rollins pulled

https://instagram.com/p/01h9mrAFGi/

Can easily spot the Reigns fans.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement