Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania LIVE thread

1545556575860»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭irs

The main event really made that show for me. Whatever about what it'll be like on second viewing it was incredible to watch live not knowing what was going to happen. Reigns in particular comes out of it much better than if he had got a superman win. In a way it was so good that Rollins showing up felt like an interuption but I did like how they booked him watching on Reigns even when trying to take out Lesnar.

Since I have no real interest in UFC/Ronda that segment was awful and felt like it on forever. The Undertaker/Wyatt match was ok, poor for the most part but decent enough the last few minutes. Taker looks almost done but he at least looks like he has enough left for next year which is not something I would have though last year. Sting/HHH was alright. HHH winning wouldn't have been as bad if it wasn't for the constant crap about how bad WCW was. The run ins were stupid but in a match like this I'd prefer them to go over the top rather then Triple H trying to carry him to some sort of epic. The Cena entrance video was the most unintentionally hillarious thing I've seen in a long time which is saying something considering what Triple H had. The ladder match was a good opener and it's nice to see the I-C title in a decent spot for the first time in years. My stream was acting up during Orton-Rollins but Orton winning set up things for the next few weeks. Overall it was a good enough show, not as good as last year with Bryan's matches and the Streak ending but an 8/10. I don't know how it compares overall as I've missed most of the Mania's in the last decade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Xenji wrote: »
    If this WM is 9/10 for you please name which WM got a 10/10 in your books, as it in no way deserves that sort of praise.

Look, we get it. You didn't enjoy the show as much as the rest of us. That's fair enough, entertainment is always open to interpretation and opinions, not everybody is going to like everything. So maybe you could accept that some people see it as a 9/10 show and not try and invalidate their opinions?

And for the record. I'd also give it a 9. Not much I didn't enjoy about it, and what was done well, was outstanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Give a direct link, as I see none of that on the homepage http://www.f4wonline.com/

It's the top story on the page. The one that says WWE Wrestlemania 31 live results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I do not see how it could, mediocre matches, reliance on nostalgia, promos that had no direction and did not end with a clear purpose, if people think that Rollins cashing in made this years Mania they are delusional, this Mania actually showed up nearly all of the WWE's current faults, Stings loss and the ridiculous sideshow that went with it, plus they could of added at least 2 more matches on the card, the pre show fatal four way showed up most matches on the main card.
    Dude your being WAY to critical.

Nostalgia , as a Monday night war fan DX v NWO was truly awesome. If Stings loss carries on that story, I'm all for it.

Rollins cashin in was the first of it's kind, never been done during match or at mania.

Ladder match, although not as exceptional as previous MITB , was stil a solid opener. Ambroses bump was awesome....I also enjoyed the headbutts.

Rollins receiving the RKO what truly one of a kind. It's somethin that if it ever happens again we will remeber it origin.

Cena v Rusev may have had more of a value to Americans (WWE's core audience)

Taker v Wyatt was good, the spider v the sit up was great...truly great. Wyatt played his part personally

Rhondas segment went to long, the battle royal should of being present IMO. But that WWE vein wise commercial mo fo's

Since prob Mania 24 I've been extremely critical of the product but tonight they got it right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Some people no likey the stunt Rollins pulled

Weird mix.

Although I came into this thread thinking most people would be all over plucky Reigns laughing off Lesnar's offence. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

It was a fun show. I don't want to get into detail about each match but I do want to say that overall they used the smoke and mirrors where necessary (Triple H vs Sting), they made Undertaker look strong with Wrestlemania in Texas on the horizon next year, the two secondary titles are held by bona fide main eventers so that might raise their prestige.

The Rock/Rousey segment was exciting even if it did go long, taken as individual matches I thought Rollins vs Orton and Lesnar vs Reigns were very good. My issue is the WWE roundabout booking. It's obvious Rollins title win wasn't the long term plan, that WWE didn't have the foresight to see that Reigns would crash on top right now is concerning. If you know that Rollins is going to end the show as champion, retrospectively I can say that I didn't like him losing clean to Orton, it felt unnecessary. Also I hated the finish to Hunter and Sting, even in wrestling it makes no sense that a wrestler whose just been blasted in the face by a sledgehammer gets up moments later and shakes the hand of the person responsible, that made literally no sense.

Glad Rollins is champion, wasn't overly enamored with any single storyline or match going into the show but it was certainly a spectacle and a fun four hours. 7/10

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Three posters quoting me in a row and I am not gonna quote them all. I have watched every Wrestlemania and sorry that was in my opinion poor, last year I felt the same way, if other people enjoyed it good for them, but this year as like last year highlights the issues that the WWE are going through.

People are saying it was a 9/10, compare that to other Manias that actually where a 9/10 and you will see the differences, not saying you are wrong if you enjoyed it, but it seems that people are more easily pleased then how they were when you have people saying that this Mania was on par with the likes of 17, 19, 3, 10 and 20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

9/10 is laughable IMO, in no way was that a 9/10 show.

It was OK at best, none of the matches/story-lines were great and that rock Ronda Rousey segment was beyond dragged out, they put on a show as they more or less always do but thats it.

That ending was as predictable as anything ive ever seen id say.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm going to (tentatively) say 7/10. Might have another watch of the show in the morning though to see if that changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Too late to write up detailed thoughts but for the time being 7/10 show with a Main event that I really can't see the praise for beyond it being a real good match instead of people giving it ***** and calling it "one of the best matches in Mania history" thought last years emotion blew this years show out of the water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

martyos121 wrote: »
    Look, we get it. You didn't enjoy the show as much as the rest of us. That's fair enough, entertainment is always open to interpretation and opinions, not everybody is going to like everything. So maybe you could accept that some people see it as a 9/10 show and not try and invalidate their opinions?

And for the record. I'd also give it a 9. Not much I didn't enjoy about it, and what was done well, was outstanding.

As you are trying to invalidate mine? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I wasn't excited going in but that surpassed my expectations for a Mania. The main was a huge shock considering how much has been compromised in the last calender year to elevate a main event jobber like Reigns tonight. Loved the swerve though.

Genuinely didn't think they could squash Reigns so much without letting him overcome all odds to beat Brock but hey.

Taker-Wyatt was my only meh of the entire night. Just going through the motions for that one sit-up spot.

Ladder match felt very short and non-Sheamusy. Liked it.

Women's match was a lot of fun. Was watching in a house full of casuals who were surprised how non-awful woman wrestlers could be.

Sting-HHH was fine but with a great interference. Battle Royal was fun as was the tag.

Overall the biggest show of the year, post-Mania Raw, will be a cracker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,300 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

A fun show as AIG said just there is how I'd class it, but I see a fun show as something non patronising which may be different to some people's views. Fun is what's been missing from recent Manias where people would show up, have their matches and everyone would go home reasonably satisfied but feeling slightly unfulfilled.

Tonight had a perfect mix of nostalgia and good matches with current stars, built 2 titles that nobody cared about back up, good promos though the Rock's was dragged out as usual these days and overall I think everyone was satisfied in some way. Now there are things I would change. HHH and Sting shaking hands after a match where they were both screwed over by the other at the heart of them.

However, while some things didn't make sense I think all the best wrestling shows have an element of that and it was definitely my favourite mania since I've been old enough to properly appreciate good wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭IanMc666

That was fairly incredible. I'm still in what the f**k mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Anything happen with seamus?
    Can't see anything in reports

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement