Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania LIVE thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

POSSY wrote: »
    How is the network picture for everyone else... mine doesn't look great, a little pixelated somewhat. Anyone know how to improve the picture quality?

Near perfect here, the odd 1-2 seconds of small pixelation but not enough to bother me.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭POSSY

Capajoma wrote: »
    Is Wrestlemania live on the network over here?

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,302 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

MAJR wrote: »
    I dont pay for the network but I pay for the PPV and I expect to see the PPV. I at least expect to be told that buying the PPV on Sky box office will not give me every match and that I'd have to sign up for the network if I want to see it all.

You are going to see the ppv it's called wrestlemania 31. The pre show is something you only get on the network.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Stop moaning, you didn't research your options properly and you're wrecking our heads when all we want to do is moan about Big Show. So please go away!

Spat my beer out:pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So you genuinely expected Sky to tell you that you were paying their extortionate price and not getting the full show? And somehow in your head, it was WWEs fault?

Exactly sky weren't going to advertise a cheaper better alternative product than their own. €12.99 For 6 hours and a full month versus €24.95 for 4 hours only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Much prefer an indoor event. Anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Not looking good for Sting.

Paddy Power were on to something.

They predicted Sheamus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Gerry Rio wrote: »
    Paddy Power odds seem to agree.

Might put my money where my mouth is so :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

How do WWE measure PPV figures taking WWE Network into account? Do they just count the number of people watching online, or how does it work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

looks like a fair few empty seats

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Why would sky advertise the network? Because the box office preview is a WWE product, created by the WWE, hosted by an employee of the WWE and they advertise their network on Sky at every opportunity. Is it so much to ask for at least a throw away about some content being network exclusive?

If Sky advertised the Network for €12.99 with the preshow would you have paid €24.99 for their product? Use your head and admit it's nobodies fault but your own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

So what's the story worth Randy and Rollins? I haven't really been keeping tabs since Raw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Bryan wins the title 100000 percent and that should get the crowd somewhat going

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭MAJR

So you genuinely expected Sky to tell you that you were paying their extortionate price and not getting the full show? And somehow in your head, it was WWEs fault?

I refer you to my other comment about this: the WWE produce, they host and control the content of the box office preview. A disclaimer saying some of the show is network exclusive would not be asking for the world, and Sky could not object to them doing that because it would be honest advertisement.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Intercontinental title match kicking off WM main show so.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭POSSY

Near perfect here, the odd 1-2 seconds of small pixelation but not enough to bother me.

A bit surprising you'd expect it to be spot on. The video they have put together for the IC title is perfect.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I know somebody else said it at the start of the thread, but could ye keep the betting talk out of this one? Spoilers aren't cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Paully D wrote: »
    Much prefer an indoor event. Anyone else?

indoor event better atmosphere

:(:( poor bryan, to go from the main event last year to opening wrestlemania this year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Bryan goes from winning the main event to raising the curtain (of the main show).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Nice video package for the IC title. Should help build the title up as important again too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Who won the tag team match ?

Chagan wrote: »
    Bryan goes from winning the main event to raising the curtain (of the main show).

First time that's ever happened in WM history. Going from winning the Main Event on year and opening the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'd imagine it'll be the 7 man Intercontinental Championship ladder match to kick off the main show.

Called it.

seriously this sucks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Who won the tag team match ?

Kidd Cesaro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Why would sky advertise the network? Because the box office preview is a WWE product, created by the WWE, hosted by an employee of the WWE and they advertise their network on Sky at every opportunity. Is it so much to ask for at least a throw away about some content being network exclusive?

1st hour of the preview was on YouTube and wwe.com where they kept saying 2nd hour will be network exclusive

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

1040604-vince_mcmahon.jpg

best ladders and chairs match ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

I'm loving this video

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

How do WWE measure PPV figures taking WWE Network into account? Do they just count the number of people watching online, or how does it work?

They will announce the number of current subscribers at a press conference tomorrow.

They still keep track of traditional ppv numbers but those numbers are obviously very low now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement