Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avoiding M4 Toll Plaza

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Bogger77 wrote: »
    Tolls are a business expense, which can be written off against tax, same as they can write off fuel, maintenance, etc, for the van.

You're driving a van, with a motor tax bill of 330 odd euro, and complaining that a car with a tax bill of 700 euro for a 2l, is paying 1.40 euro at the M4 toll less than you. Technically, you were using the company van for social purposes, so I do hope you informed the insurance company, and as it was social purpose, the van wasn't covered by it's commercial designation for motor tax.

You cannot have your cake and eat it.

I didn't, it wasn't sue me. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

It IS privately taxed, and sometimes the gates charge the car rate and sometimes it doesn't depending where it is.

Also, the testing fee for small vans is more than a car. It's not all sunshine and lollipops.
    Complain check with Shannon, and then complain to the toll operator
    I use an automated tag, but it shouldn't make any difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭pgj2015

.b

Advertisement