Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post grommets op question

Options
  • 30-03-2015 8:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi all
    Hoping I can get some insight
    My little one had grommets in just after she turned 1 in December. Since then we've had a few episodes of her ear leaking fluid, usually clear/yellowish. Had check up with ENT in feb and he said once it was draining outwards that the grommets were working. The last few days I noticed her balance was really off. She was really wobbly (she's nearly 16 months and won't walk on her own unless you hold her hand) . Low and behold yesterday evening her ear started leaking again and continued all through the night, it was all stuck in her hair this morning :( ENT man gave us drops for when this happens so have started giving those again- my question is, is it really the norm for this to continue happening? I suppose I'm wondering if it warrants another trip to the ENT. She can't be laid flat to change her as she's roaring, don't know it's coz of the ears or if it's just temper.
    Any feedback would be much appreciated. Am going to take her to gp this evening anyway just in case

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I'd go back to ENT again... We had no discharge with the grommets, but if it was stopping and starting Id worry about another infection especially as not being able to lie flat was always the start here. Definitely go to the doc again and see what he says.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭mitresize5

Our fella had grommets and we were told the fluid coming out of the ear proves the grommet is doing its job, otherwise the fluid would be building up behind the ears and causing more infections

Having said that I'd bring her to the GP - they'll be able to diagnosis an ear infection straight away if there is one there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Deff back to gp. We only had a lil discharge for a day post opp.
    Have had the grommets 14mnths now and for the first 10 mnths she was fine but have had issues on and off the past 4 mnths or so.
    She also gets wobbly when she has an infection and holds her head alot. Were backn on ent list as will prob need tonsils done too. Also her grommets have moved so not sure if they are on the way out or whats happening.
    She is 3 next month so can tell me when its sore .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

No medical advice. Back to GP if you feel anything is wrong.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement