Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how new customers are treated....

Options
  • 30-03-2015 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭

so rang Eircom over a week ago and signed up for broadband.... Spoke to a lady in the customer service department and explained first and foremost that I need a new line installed as the old one has been damaged (during house repairs) and there is no longer even a phone socket.... She checks my area and says Eircom will do a full installation FREE OF CHARGE in my area, so on this basis I signed up...

So when the process was finished and bank details etc have been arranged I made sure to remind her that a team needs to fit a new line, she informs me that this has already been booked and it will take a week and they will ring me a few days beforehand to give me notice of whan they will be arriving.... Thanks very much end of call.....

Now, week later....

Box arrived this morning and I ring Eircom to see when the line will be installed, only to be told (remember I signed up in the promise of a new line) that there is nothing in the system about a team to call to me and that I need to arrange my own electrician to fix this, now this is totally unacceptable in my view so I query it, then I'm told the only course of action is for them to review the tape from a week ago to see what was said.... 10 days this will take... Now 3 things.

1. I'm not lying and it seems as though I'm being made out to be
    2. If it turns out that a new line was promised what are Eircom going to do only send out someone to install a line, so can't that be done in the meantime instead of me standing trial for 10 Days (oh it will take another week after the tapes are reviewed for a team to be sent)
    3. I was certainly falsely sold this product and now it's going to take them the best part of 2 weeks to get it right? Bad start.....

Needless to say, if I get out my own electrician to fix this line, there is NO CHANCE I'm sticking with Eircom, plenty of other providers out there, this is seriously not how to look after or attract customers....

I was explecting somebody to call TODAY, just not good enough

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Best of luck with getting it sorted tupac_healy

This seems to be standard practice for Eircom now as far as I can see.  I've had a dreadful experience as a new customer as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

machalla wrote: »

This seems to be standard practice for Eircom now as far as I can see.  I've had a dreadful experience as a new customer as well.

That's sad to hear.... Was hoping this was a one off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

so rang Eircom over a week ago and signed up for broadband.... Spoke to a lady in the customer service department and explained first and foremost that I need a new line installed as the old one has been damaged (during house repairs) and there is no longer even a phone socket.... She checks my area and says Eircom will do a full installation FREE OF CHARGE in my area, so on this basis I signed up...

So when the process was finished and bank details etc have been arranged I made sure to remind her that a team needs to fit a new line, she informs me that this has already been booked and it will take a week and they will ring me a few days beforehand to give me notice of whan they will be arriving.... Thanks very much end of call.....

Now, week later....

Box arrived this morning and I ring Eircom to see when the line will be installed, only to be told (remember I signed up in the promise of a new line) that there is nothing in the system about a team to call to me and that I need to arrange my own electrician to fix this, now this is totally unacceptable in my view so I query it, then I'm told the only course of action is for them to review the tape from a week ago to see what was said.... 10 days this will take... Now 3 things.

1. I'm not lying and it seems as though I'm being made out to be
    2. If it turns out that a new line was promised what are Eircom going to do only send out someone to install a line, so can't that be done in the meantime instead of me standing trial for 10 Days (oh it will take another week after the tapes are reviewed for a team to be sent)
    3. I was certainly falsely sold this product and now it's going to take them the best part of 2 weeks to get it right? Bad start.....

Needless to say, if I get out my own electrician to fix this line, there is NO CHANCE I'm sticking with Eircom, plenty of other providers out there, this is seriously not how to look after or attract customers....

I was explecting somebody to call TODAY, just not good enough
    Hi tupac_healy

I'm sorry to hear of this - could you PM me your eircom account or order number? I'll look in to this further for you

Cheers
    Al

Hi tupac_healy

I'm sorry to hear of this - could you PM me your eircom account or order number? I'll look in to this further for you

Cheers
    Al

Order number sent via PM, Help appreciated Alan

@ Alan....

Just found this thread now, what appears to be the problem between customer service taking calls and the technicians actually calling to do the work, there appears to be a massive gap in communication in there somewhere

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057325528/1/#post93007296

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭17larsson

machalla wrote: »

That's sad to hear.... Was hoping this was a one off
    Unfortunately the reps on the phone appear to be purposely not telling the whole truth about things to get people to sign up. Same happened to me and they told me they would review the recordings to check.

So either they are not being trained properly in knowing exactly what terms and conditions are in the services they provide or else they are told to say anything just to get the people signed up

Hi tupac_healy

I see that this has been logged as a complaint thus opening a case for investigation which will involve the listening to the call at point of sale/signing up. This was logged today & the reference number for this is 1794420. At present the current position from eircom is that the internal wiring required as a result of your own internal refurbishments will require your own electricians work - however, equally you should not have been advised anything that conflicts with this position and upon full investigation you will be contacted by a manager. I'm sorry I could not do more for you at this time.

Thanks
    Al

Hi tupac_healy

I see that this has been logged as a complaint thus opening a case for investigation which will involve the listening to the call at point of sale/signing up. This was logged today & the reference number for this is 1794420. At present the current position from eircom is that the internal wiring required as a result of your own internal refurbishments will require your own electricians work - however, equally you should not have been advised anything that conflicts with this position and upon full investigation you will be contacted by a manager. I'm sorry I could not do more for you at this time.

Thanks
    Al
    At no point was this ever said to me...... I was told that there would be no issue sending out an technician to do a FULL (not partial as was suggested) installation was not a problem. 

If it was going to be a problem (which now appears) I would have got an electrician out to sort this within the last week, now as a result I'm left with a few days broadband from my previous contract until this matter is resolved, I'm told that this will take up to 10 days? That's far too long....... Upon hearing the tape back it will be clear without question that I was sold this product under false pretense and if it is going to take 2+ weeks to get this matter resolved I think I will just have to cancel this altogether, this is far more hassle than I was expecting.....

Also, just on another point...... I mentioned to customer service, why is is that I can't have a technician call out today or in the next few days WHILST this matter is being resolved, I'm told this is not possible until the result of the investigation, but why? I was under the impression that Eircom are doing free line installations in my area (well I was told that!) so even if there is an investigation ongoing, how does that hold up a technician calling in the meantime? It makes no sense, basically I could get my partner to ring up and say she needs a line repaired and since its a new complaint it would be dealt with TODAY and not 10 days time! 

I'm sorry but that's just crazy! 

Welcome to Eircom Tupac healy!!

Unfortunately this is the norm with them. Get out while you still can is my advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Perhaps making a complaint via Comreg might be of some help with this.

http://www.askcomreg.ie/tell_us/comp...ries.51.LE.asp

At the bottom of that page there is a complaints contact form and the Comreg phone number for complaints is 1890 229 668

• Advertisement

Rang Eircom customer service this morning to see if there is an update on my case only to be told it's still marked as open with no updates.....

My Three contract is almost up and by the time Eircom get this resolved and arrange a service team to come out and put in a line (from another thread I can see this is also a complete nightmare to deal with) I will be without broadband for a few weeks....

Not good enough, would be much easier to cancel Eircom annd just stick with my Three wireless, not the ideal solution but if this is the process for a very simple line installation then its just now worth the hassle.....

frustrated to say the least 

This has officially turned into an absolute total and utter JOKE!!!!

Rang Eircom this morning as the 10 working days has passed without anyone contacting me, only to be told all they can do is escalate the matter, I said to the guy on the phone how is it possible you can escalate the matter NOW when I asked for that be to be done a few days ago when I rang for an update?

So, I went on to tell him that I was fair in giving Eircom their full allocation of 10 days and I now wished to cancel.... Then the fun began.....

Put through to the cancellation department, only to be told that it will cost me 150e to cancel!!!! FOR A SERVICE THAT IS STILL SITTING IN THE BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UNUSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Long story short as I'm irate typing this, I now need to sit tight (whilst my other internet service is almost up at this stage) and wait for this mystical call back to see if I was right and if I was then the 150e charge will be waived......

I've had some appalling service over the years but to charge someone 150e for something that is still in the box is over the top to say the least, either way worst comes to worst and they tell me I am liable for charges, all I can say is....

I'll see ye in court....

How the hell Eircom can expect to KEEP customers is beyond me when they attract them in this manor....

I've done everything asked of me and been fair to Eircom but this is too far.

Where are all the Eircom reps gone??

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mrsguest1988

Where are all the Eircom reps gone??
    I am wondering the same….

Did you ever get this sorted Tupac H?

TheTorment wrote:
    Did you ever get this sorted Tupac H?

I had a huge long post written out yesterday, just about to click 'post' and my phone rang...

Agent rang me back, said I was right and offered me 2 months free, I said no chance after reading the thread on boards about the trouble the poor chap had waiting on the installation team...

Eircom cancelled and skipped off happy as back to three

And on a final note on this post...

Rang Three told em I wanted to go back, said no problem I'll have new SIM within 3-5 working days...

NEXT morning (I'd only spoke with them the afternoon before!!) SIM arrived, back up and running...

Lesson to be learned here Eircom... Without a shadow of a doubt the most disappointing thing about this is having to wait the 10 working days for the call recording to be review when and I STRESS THIS AGAIN..... IT WAS FREE TO INSTALL A LINE IN MY AREA ANYWAY!!!!!

That part makes no sense, I did try to explain to to the agent but they said they could do absolutely NOTHING until the call recording.

Lads, ye need to move with the times, nobody has 10+ working days to wait, cop on

Rang Three told em I wanted to go back, said no problem I'll have new SIM within 3-5 working days...

NEXT morning (I'd only spoke with them the afternoon before!!) SIM arrived, back up and running...

Lesson to be learned here Eircom... Without a shadow of a doubt the most disappointing thing about this is having to wait the 10 working days for the call recording to be review when and I STRESS THIS AGAIN..... IT WAS FREE TO INSTALL A LINE IN MY AREA ANYWAY!!!!!

That part makes no sense, I did try to explain to to the agent but they said they could do absolutely NOTHING until the call recording.

Lads, ye need to move with the times, nobody has 10+ working days to wait, cop on
    Hi tupac_healy

Sincerest apologies for this disappointing experience, I just have noticed that there was an outstanding balance remaining on your account however I have made the necessary amendments to ensure these charges do not apply and no further bills will issued.

Thanks

Al

Hi tupac_healy

Sincerest apologies for this disappointing experience, I just have noticed that there was an outstanding balance remaining on your account however I have made the necessary amendments to ensure these charges do not apply and no further bills will issued.

Thanks

Al
    Appreciate the reply but I also made those adjustments so I wouldn't be charged.... 

Long time ago

Hi tupac_healy

Thanks

Al
    Appreciate the reply but I also made those adjustments so I wouldn't be charged.... 

Long time ago
    No worries tupac_healy

Apologies for the delays with this

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement