Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ridgepool Apartments Ballina

Options
  • 30-03-2015 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Has anyone any experience of renting in Ridgepool in Ballina? A friend is thinking of renting there and is getting mixed reviews.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

What kind of reviews is he getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭aunt aggie

Someone who doesn't live there told us that the underground car park is very dirty with refuse not been collected regularly. One or two other issues were brought up but this seems like it could be a big problem in a building that size.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭tracey1098

My sister used to live in one of the apartments. A lot of damp and mould. Not very well maintained.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

i lived there for 2 years , 10 years ago, the apartment itself was nice , the corridoors , stairways lifts etc were not,

there didnt seem to be any management of the whole building, all the common areas were messy / dirty , paint on walls was in need of re-doing and dirty, floors needed doing,
    the outside of the building for years needed painting but the hotel would be done and the apartments not,
    overall management and maintanence of the place was the biggest problem

there were rubbish chutes , which were blocked a lot of the time and then rubbish was left beside them,

it served a purpose for me at the time, it was close to work, town centre, i was a lot younger , had no kids and wasnt as worried about the things i would be now

best thing for you to do would be to get a walk around the building , i wouldnt reccomend it, you might think its fine,

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭aunt aggie

Maybe things have changed! My friend was really impressed with the apartment. I asked him about the common areas and he said they were clean but bit cramped, which you'd expect.

The issue with the rubbish chutes could relate to refuse problems I'd heard of.

• Advertisement
Advertisement