If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Cinema / Soundbar recommendation

Options
  • 30-03-2015 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I recently bought a Sony KDL55W829 and would like to get either a soundbar or home cinema system to complement it.

With a budget of about 300€ (but I'm OK with paying less :P) the only limitations other than space are:
    * Speakers have to have stands because I have nowhere to put them (soundbar has to fit in front of the TV).
    * Rear speakers (if any) need to be wireless.
    * I would love it if whatever it is, supported HDMI-ARC or provided similar functionality so I don't have to control it separately from the TV.

Do you guys have any good recommendations?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

realkhai wrote: »
    Hi,

I recently bought a Sony KDL55W829 and would like to get either a soundbar or home cinema system to complement it.

With a budget of about 300€ (but I'm OK with paying less :P) the only limitations other than space are:
    * Speakers have to have stands because I have nowhere to put them (soundbar has to fit in front of the TV).
    * Rear speakers (if any) need to be wireless.
    * I would love it if whatever it is, supported HDMI-ARC or provided similar functionality so I don't have to control it separately from the TV.

Do you guys have any good recommendations?
    Hi Realkhai.

Thanks for coming back to us.

Going on your specs, it puts 5.1 home cinema setup out as we have no options with wireless rear speakers unfortunately.

Most soundbars around the 300 Euro mark operate using optical rather than HDMI.
    You will still have to use the soundbars own remote to control volume etc.

You could look at the JBL Cinema SB400 (5 Star review What HiFi) currently priced at £249.95 / 347.99 Euro (Inc Delivery) - Would tick all the boxes.
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/soundbars-sound-base/jbl/cinema-sb400/jbl-sb400

This is a very good sounding soundbar and with the wireless sub gives a more depth for movies.

Let me know what you think, any questions please ask.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.