Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst broadband I ever used

Options
  • 30-03-2015 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I recently signed up to eircom for broadband in my new house. I was promised 6mb broadband which I expected to be pretty bad as I was moving from the city with 100mb fiber broadband to the country where I am getting 6mb through a prehistoric phone line. I am unable to use more than one device in my house at any time. I am unable to stream netflix on any of my devices at any time and I have done speed tests on the line frequently and never received more than 1mb at any time. I would like to know what eircom can do to rectify the problem before I cancel the contract as I am terribly frustrated with the situation.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I recently signed up to eircom for broadband in my new house. I was promised 6mb broadband which I expected to be pretty bad as I was moving from the city with 100mb fiber broadband to the country where I am getting 6mb through a prehistoric phone line. I am unable to use more than one device in my house at any time. I am unable to stream netflix on any of my devices at any time and I have done speed tests on the line frequently and never received more than 1mb at any time. I would like to know what eircom can do to rectify the problem before I cancel the contract as I am terribly frustrated with the situation.
    Hi rachael2101

Feel free to PM me your eircom account number and I will look in to this for you further

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 24 paul29163

Rachel,

Welcome to the "sticks", "modern" rural Eire. Similar situation with friend of mine who despite YEARS of bantering eircom, is no better today. Problem is infrastructure, as you state, prehistoric lines that despite whatever systems are available will not be able to handle any step up in DL speeds 😭

Rachel
    Make life easier for yourself and see if there are any other options for broadband than Eircom. Any complaints to them has little or no effect and you will only end up driving yourself mad with frustration.

Im in the sticks too and fought with Eircom for a year about a promised speed of 6mb when in actual fact I was receiving 0.7mb on a good day. Eircom insisted that they were providing an adequate service.
    I moved from them last July to a satellite provider and now have speeds of 15mb which is more than sufficient for my needs.

Look at any available options before you get locked into a contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Rachel

I have not yet received a PM from you yet, please PM me at your earliest convenience.

Thanks
    AL

Advertisement