Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

deciding on an architect (or not !)

Options
  • 30-03-2015 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭

looking to add an extension to our house but havent the first clue where to start....

at what point do people use an architect?... we roughly think our extension will be 40 - 50 m sq... nervous about getting it right since its a once in a lifetime thing so will probably use an architect..
    how many architects have people spoken too before deciding?. did you go look at their previous work ?

any advice or past experiences would be much appreciated!..

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,650 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

if you can get it just below the 40 sq m mark, it will save you a lot of headaches and money

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

what kind of headaches?... i know we need planning permission for more than 40

• Subscribers Posts: 41,650 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

jobless wrote: »
    what kind of headaches?... i know we need planning permission for more than 40

si 9 of 2014

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Anyone can prepare a planning application but only a Registered Architect, Building Surveyor or Engineer can certify compliance with Building Control.

Therefore if its over 40sqm it will require a certificate of compliance with building control. Your application will need to be submitted prior to commencement.

Your lender will require stage payments signed by a registered professional.

Check out the requirements of S.I.9 on Dept of Enviro website.

Advertisement