Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convict Conditioning Vlog

Options
  • 30-03-2015 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭

Hey Everyone, I'm not sure if this breaks any rules on boards or not, but I'd like to post these videos here if possible. I just want to spread the word on what I'm doing! :pac:

I've been training for around 15 months, and doing CC since last November. I made this vlog/channel to keep me motivated and working. Any interest and feedback from the community here would be greatly appreciated! :)

I'll have a new video tomorrow for the month of March. I'm doing one every month.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,377 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Will check out the videos later.
    I did some C a few years back. I like it and still include certain aspects in my usual training.

What stage are you at in each of the movements?

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

Thanks for the reply!

Push 5, pull 4, leg raises 5, squats 7.

I am considering abandoning CC to reach pistols though. I just cannot relate to step 7 squats and step 8 is quite hard. I've started using the Naked Warrior by Pavel to help my squats instead. I'm not sure yet, I am greasing the groove to get past this hurdle, we'll see if it works.

What about the other two? Bridges and Handstands

I found step 7 squats a bit ridiculous too tbh. It's not a helpful progression imo. Better off just skipping it and working on step 8, 1/2 pistols. Or doing controlled negatives and pistols with momentum.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Previous post about the book...
    rubadub wrote: »
    the writer also claims to have done a dozen freestanding one arm handstand pushups. A gymnastics coach for the US team said he has never witnessed or heard of any person capable of a single one, even with support, let alone 12 freestanding. The same coach knows a guy that did 163 free standing full ROM HSPU on parrallel bars. The guy who runs beastskills is in the photos in the book and shows him apparently doing them(with support), but I think he admitted he could not do them.

The problem with this is they list doing 1 as a "beginner standard" so people might be training hard to try and acheive something that nobody might have ever done before.

rubadub wrote: »
    Previous post about the book...
    Yeah, I've mentioned that before. It's the "master step" for that progression, but it's not achievable. Tbh, the progressions past step 5 (HSPU) are a bit useless. He clearly just copied them over from press ups without much thought.

A better progression would be to focus on free standing work.

• Advertisement

@Mellor - I don't want to start bridge and handstand work until I reach step 7 in these four first. It is what is recommended in the book and it makes sense to me.

@rubadub - Paul Wade never said he did free standing OAHSP's did he? He always talks about doing them against a wall. He doesn't care much for free standing ones, he just wants you to build strength/muscle and not worry too muh about balance I think?

Video number 3 done!

@Mellor - I don't want to start bridge and handstand work until I reach step 7 in these four first. It is what is recommended in the book and it makes sense to me.
    I don't remember that part. One of the routines definitly works them all at once.
    But the early bridge steps are very easy. The later HUPS steps are impossible.
    @rubadub - Paul Wade never said he did free standing OAHSP's did he? He always talks about doing them against a wall. He doesn't care much for free standing ones, he just wants you to build strength/muscle and not worry too muh about balance I think?
    I don't believe he has done a OAHSP against the wall either.

Mellor wrote: »
    I don't remember that part. One of the routines definitly works them all at once.
    But the early bridge steps are very easy. The later HUPS steps are impossible.

The first routine "new blood" only works four of the exercises. He says to get past step 6 in these four before moving on. It's hard to be so patient. But the program is working so I'll make it :)
    Mellor wrote: »
    I don't believe he has done a OAHSP against the wall either.

Lol you're not alone there.

The first routine "new blood" only works four of the exercises. He says to get past step 6 in these four before moving on. It's hard to be so patient. But the program is working so I'll make it :)
    What ever routine I did, it was 3 moves each work out, alternating with the other 3 the next.

Advertisement