Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow/Kilkenny By-election

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

He's probably well-meaning enough tbh, and I'd say more so than a lot of others running.

A potentially good TD?

Lord, no!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

I love his marriage referendum stance, it sums his whole outlook; "whatever floats your boat"

Meanwhile, is Daithi subliminally trying to tell us something?

DrQETzj.png

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Every election there seems to be more and more how shall I put this, crackpot candidates running. No worse than Bobby Alyward though to be fair.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Well it looks like Yes Kilkenny is backing mckee. I think is is very strange. Why back a man because he is gay. Would Ya not be better looking at his abity to do the job?

Ha, I just received a pm on facebook. The Yes Kilkenny facebook page is owned by mckee and his campaign manager. It is not the OFFICAL page. The official page for the yes campaign is 'yes equality campaign'

Jeez mckee and his campaign manager took the Kilkenny people for fools. Nice move on their part to leverage the yes equality thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Nice move on their part to leverage the yes equality thing.
    That was a very clever move but I wouldn't hold it against him. I would like to see him get elected - even if for no other reason than to mix it up a bit in the constituency. It's basically just a token election anyway with the general election next year.

My God, how I really hope BA doesn't get in - that would really make me despair for the future of the country. He's red hot favourite at the moment on paddypower.

I pity the fool who votes for BA.

Sky King wrote: »
    That was a very clever move but I wouldn't hold it against him. I would like to see him get elected - even if for no other reason than to mix it up a bit in the constituency. It's basically just a token election anyway with the general election next year.

My God, how I really hope BA doesn't get in - that would really make me despair for the future of the country. He's red hot favourite at the moment on paddypower.

I pity the fool who votes for BA.

McKee is the last man I would put in there to shake things up. He is just the same as fg and fg.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

jimmyw wrote: »
    No flippin way, just goes to show how desperate they are.

Not as desperate as ff who have had Micheal Martin camped out in kk and canvassing with Bobby the last couple of weeks. Saw the two of them sauntering down the comer road last week.

PaulKK wrote: »
    Not as desperate as ff who have had Micheal Martin camped out in kk and canvassing with Bobby the last couple of weeks. Saw the two of them sauntering down the comer road last week.

That is desperation alright. FF are desperate to win this. I'd rather anybody but them, I just can't comprehend the mentality of a voter that would tick no1 for a party that brought the country to its knees and countless hardship to so many. They are the reason we have water charges and every other tax/cut because it was there legacy of bankrupting the country landed us where we've been the past 6/7 years.

kikel wrote: »
    McKee is the last man I would put in there to shake things up. He is just the same as fg and fg.

Hes total FF. They didn't run him so he had a hissy fit and ran for this so called Renua. "New politics" me-hole, just a bunch of disgruntled attention seekers whos egos are too big for their parties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,895 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

kikel wrote: »
    Ha, I just received a pm on facebook. The Yes Kilkenny facebook page is owned by mckee and his campaign manager. It is not the OFFICAL page. The official page for the yes campaign is 'yes equality campaign'

Jeez mckee and his campaign manager took the Kilkenny people for fools. Nice move on their part to leverage the yes equality thing.

yes thats wierd why not just admit you are part of his team anyway

the yes equality page

https://www.facebook.com/yesequalitykilkenny?fref=nf

http://www.sipo.gov.ie/en/reports/register-of-third-parties/lgbt-ltd-yes-equality.html

They 'yes Kilkenny' page are frantically deleting anyone that questions the connection McKee. Even the OFFICAL page 'yes equality Kilkenny' made a statement on 'yes Kilkenny' page clarifying the the national organisation is non political and the statement was deleted. Luckily I got a screen shot before it was deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

I've mentioned it here before but Yes Kilkenny is a Renua front. It's run by McKee's campaign manager and it's a hugely cynical ploy to get him elected.

In a campaign full of some desperate strokes, this may well be the most desperate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Good luck Daithi Please-be-quiet. Best debate ever.

FG candidate tells of heartbreak over brother's Aids death http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/fg-candidate-tells-of-heartbreak-over-brothers-aids-death-31243364.html all using it now.

To be fair it's first time I've even read about this story, so it's not like the guy has been milking it dry for sympathy votes. I don't see the problem with sharing his story, it's his family and loved one afterall. Especially the day that's in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

What's the story with that 'daithi' lad? He looked like a right head the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Its unbelievable how voters bitch and moan about the big parties, and then just go and vote them in regardless :confused:.Could they not just start voting for an alternative?

Yes you might say there is none, but surely new faces in would be better than the same old, same old.

Or I am just underestimating the popularity of them?

As Ray Darcy might say, "I dun know, I dun know":p

Its unbelievable how voters bitch and moan about the big parties, and then just go and vote them in regardless :confused:.

different people

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Its unbelievable how voters bitch and moan about the big parties, and then just go and vote them in regardless :confused:.Could they not just start voting for an alternative?

Yes you might say there is none, but surely new faces in would be better than the same old, same old.

Or I am just underestimating the popularity of them?

As Ray Darcy might say, "I dun know, I dun know":p

Stockholm Syndrome may be the only way to explain it.!!
    Hard to understand the mentality of anybody (bar his family) voting for a Fianna Fail candidate. Are any of them watching the Banking enquiry at the moment.?
    Strange thing is, these voters in Kilkenny would be the first to laugh at the people of South Kerry voting for a gombeen, yet do the very same thing themselves. The mind boggles...:confused:

• Advertisement

50_asian_experiences_sheep.jpg

I've written off south Kilkenny, it's dead to me.

catbear wrote: »
    I've written off south Kilkenny, it's dead to me.

Let's just give it to Waterford...!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭catastrophy

I see people berating other voters on this thread without the conviction to let us know their choices.

I never understand the faux despair after an election. People vote in a system as prescribed for the person they want to elect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

FF voter eh? You have a good username.

Sky King wrote: »
    FF voter eh? You have a good username.

Me? No. FG this time around.

Is that supposed to be a petty slight?

Well I'm warned now, the goldfish electorate are softening up to give Fianna Fail another opportunity to instigate their economic policy of emigration. I'll keep my bag by the door.

Interesting Article about McKee. I think the correct version is that it was his campaign manager who ran the fake page. His campaign manager also ran the page CAS for Kilkenny which contained the death threats against people of Kilkenny. I took from Facebook but the article is fro the Mail on Sunday.

349936.jpg

He still managed to poll reasonably well despite all the nonsense.

Really, the left sided candidates should combine and decide which one of them will run in the general election. A combined effort from an alliance may possibly get a seat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Sliderman

Just one point for everyone who reads this thread, I know Paddy McKee since he was a kid and the chap is quality through and through - FF weren't going to embrace him and he had no choice, he also was privi to their full operations and I know he struggled with the call to change ps the kid is a legend compared to any of our candidates

Advertisement