Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow/Kilkenny By-election

Options
12346»

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

An interesting article to read about Patrick Mckee, his campaign team and renua Ireland.

http://www.thejournal.ie/yes-kilkenny-same-sex-marriage-referendum-by-election-controversy-patrick-mckee-2124210-May2015/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,895 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Sliderman wrote: »
    Just one point for everyone who reads this thread, I know Paddy McKee since he was a kid and the chap is quality through and through - FF weren't going to embrace him and he had no choice, he also was privi to their full operations and I know he struggled with the call to change ps the kid is a legend compared to any of our candidates

does a man who is quality through and through join FF?

kikel wrote: »
    An interesting article to read about Patrick Mckee, his campaign team and renua Ireland.

http://www.thejournal.ie/yes-kilkenny-same-sex-marriage-referendum-by-election-controversy-patrick-mckee-2124210-May2015/

pathetic, John Eardly only recently out of FF himself https://electionsireland.org/candidate.cfm?ID=480 and now in Renua according to thejournal.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Sliderman

does a man who is quality through and through join FF?

Plenty of good men came out of FF however plenty of the other did also! Each party has rotten eggs unfortunately, one final point for a party that wrecked havoc on everyone they still get the highest votes in KK CW which tells me a lot obout our little county / country.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Fianna Fail have proven time and time again to be a party of criminals, thieves, liars and at best, power hungry yes men ready to flip flop as suits their own vote. Averil Power yesterday confirmed they have no convictions bar self interest and no courage to serve them. Their behaviour in the run up to the referendum was disgusting as usual.

Paddy McKee even as a young, fresh faced Fianna Failer was less use to them than a gombeen failure in his 60's put out to pasture half a decade ago. What a woeful state of affairs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

In the dail they're now a same sex party!

They sit presuming they need only wait for power. Political careers will made be tearing them apart now.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I didn't vote for Alyward, but some of the stuff said is outrageous.

I personally know a person who is in the FF party, not a TD or senator, a very decent person, yet some of the claims made in this thread are crazy, as all are being judged by the worst.

I don't know what people think a person from the left can do. The left are doing a terrible job in Greece in that they told lies about what they could do in power, now in power they find that it was easy to promise when they had no power, as the money runs out and the whole Greece debacle makes it way to a finale.

It is unlikely we will have a left government after the next election, people will see the progress that has been made and won't want to gamble it on hair brained policies from the left.

The biggest four parties in the by election were FF, FG, SF and Renua. The left won't be getting in power, the left is less trusted than the traditional parties.
    The SF vote was probably up due to uninformed voters back from abroad, who might not be aware of the abuse scandals, or policies of SF which is to raise taxes on people with a bit of get up and go in them.

It's ok everybody, Renua are investigating this. :P Here is the latest article.

http://www.thejournal.ie/renua-patrick-mckee-endorsement-2126741-May2015/

The Shanahan guy, his campaign manager quoted in the article makes a stupid statement about yes the endorsement came from my account but i didn't do it. LOL,

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

FG will form the next govt, it'll be a matter of who makes up the numbers after that.
    Carlow Kk elected a gombeen the other day and anyone who thinks otherwise hasn't listened to a debate involving him. He could barely read out a few prepared FF propaganda notes, let alone come up with his own. The south Kilkenny FF grassroots came out in huge numbers and elected this recycled waste of space.
    The only solace I take is that his term will be thankfully short and who knows what may happen before then.
    Very telling was the strong No to Marriage Equality in the boxes that leaned towards this gombeen, though hardly surprising given the nature of their following. The higher turnout here reflected this, as neighbouring Wexford, Wicklow and Kildare constituencies had Yes voted 6-10% ahead of here. No wonder Averil Power couldn't stand these idiots anymore.
    They take no position on anything in society and that's before you get to the economy where they are about as credible as SF.

Fianna Fail

Stale, male, and beyond the Pale!

• Advertisement

Sliderman wrote: »
    Plenty of good men came out of FF however plenty of the other did also! Each party has rotten eggs unfortunately, one final point for a party that wrecked havoc on everyone they still get the highest votes in KK CW which tells me a lot obout our little county / country.

the party hasn't just got a few rotten eggs its just rotten to its core.

road_high wrote: »
    FF are a pack of dinosaurs. I'd love if FF hadn't publicly supported the yes vote (even though it was their usual half arsed effort) and it was passed on spite of them. Just to prove my initial point.

How correct I was. Had heard they were only publicly "supporting" it but were doing zilch to help. So it's slightly nauseating to watch Micheal Martin and Niall Collins fall over eachother to claim credit. Averil power proved there was no real support for fear of offending the likes of Bobby Aylward voters. But least people know now where they stood and where they're still, 5 years after selling us out to the IMF.

catbear wrote: »
    Fianna Fail

Stale, male, and beyond the Pale!

And old. I take solace from that too...hopefully terminal decline.

Fianna Fail are holding the door open for the RCC as it exits Ireland, hopefully they'll follow soon after.

Not to draw too fine a point of it but I have never, ever seen any evidence that Fianna Fail are not made up of the scum of the earth.

Yesterday, Fianna Fail's Pat Millea, the council chairman, fell asleep during the meeting in the Council chambers to decide the future of the brewery site. The most important decision any politicians in Kilkenny will have to make this year and possibly, ever. He got voted in. He got appointed chairman of our county council. He fell asleep.

Scum of the earth.

Threadhead wrote: »
    Not to draw too fine a point of it but I have never, ever seen any evidence that Fianna Fail are not made up of the scum of the earth.

Yesterday, Fianna Fail's Pat Millea, the council chairman, fell asleep during the meeting in the Council chambers to decide the future of the brewery site. The most important decision any politicians in Kilkenny will have to make this year and possibly, ever. He got voted in. He got appointed chairman of our county council. He fell asleep.

Scum of the earth.

When did he fall asleep

A couple of times throughout.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭catastrophy

Did any of his colleagues challenge him on his behaviour?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

You should bring one of those handheld air horns that kids have at GAA matches into the next meeting.

No one challenged him. His Vice Chair Pat McKee was conspicuous by his absence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭catastrophy

Threadhead wrote: »
    No one challenged him. His Vice Chair Pat McKee was conspicuous by his absence.

That is nearly as bad as the act itself... disappointing that public official would act that way.

Imagine if a chief super fell asleep at a joint policing committee meeting, all hell would break loose.

So John Eardly was the guy that took the fall for the endorsement coming from Adrian Shanahans account as per the article in the journal. I think Renua were trying to distance themsleves from the whole debate. What is funny though is Patrick Mckees Twitter page. John Eardly is very involved with Renua. Check out this image.

351165.png

What it seem like is they are using the gay guy as the fall guy. Sure he only did it as he has had it so hard growing up.

Advertisement