Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suspending Insurance

Options
  • 30-03-2015 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I was speaking with one of your staff regarding suspending my policy and I just have a few questions.

I have been told by the doctor I cannot drive until November, when the time comes, what do I need to have to get insurance again? The person I spoke to said I need to send back my disk and my declaration of insurance to your Cavan offices. Do I need to address it to a particular department?

Thanks,
    Duffff-man

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 235 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Sean

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I was speaking with one of your staff regarding suspending my policy and I just have a few questions.

I have been told by the doctor I cannot drive until November, when the time comes, what do I need to have to get insurance again? The person I spoke to said I need to send back my disk and my declaration of insurance to your Cavan offices. Do I need to address it to a particular department?

Thanks,
    Duffff-man

[font=Garamond", "serif]Hi Duffff-Man,[/font]

[font=Garamond", "serif]Thanks for your query. When the time comes you can just address your Certificate of Insurance and Disc to Liberty Insurance, Dublin Road, Co Cavan and provide us with a short note confirming the date you wish the suspension to start. Once you wish cover to commence again you should contact us we can then reissue your Certificate and Disc.[/font]

[font=Garamond", "serif] [/font]

[font=Garamond", "serif]You were probably told the details on the phone but just a reminder that if a policy is suspended, there will be no cover in place for the vehicle but the policy has not been cancelled. Your direct debits would continue for the period of suspension and you would then get a refund of the premium for the time the policy was suspended, less an admin fee once you go back on full cover. There are conditions to be met in order to qualify for the refund which I can give you more detail on if you like?[/font]

[font=Garamond", "serif] [/font]

[font=Garamond", "serif]Regards[/font]

[font=Garamond", "serif]Seán[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Hi guys,

Thanks,
    Duffff-man

Hi Duffff-Man,

Thanks for your query. When the time comes you can just address your Certificate of Insurance and Disc to Liberty Insurance, Dublin Road, Co Cavan and provide us with a short note confirming the date you wish the suspension to start. Once you wish cover to commence again you should contact us we can then reissue your Certificate and Disc.

You were probably told the details on the phone but just a reminder that if a policy is suspended, there will be no cover in place for the vehicle but the policy has not been cancelled. Your direct debits would continue for the period of suspension and you would then get a refund of the premium for the time the policy was suspended, less an admin fee once you go back on full cover. There are conditions to be met in order to qualify for the refund which I can give you more detail on if you like?

Regards

Seán
    Thanks for getting back to me Sean. The woman mentioned the above on the phone. Can I get the conditions aswell please?

• Company Representative Posts: 163 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Una

Hi guys,

Thanks,
    Duffff-man

Hi Duffff-Man,

Thanks for your query. When the time comes you can just address your Certificate of Insurance and Disc to Liberty Insurance, Dublin Road, Co Cavan and provide us with a short note confirming the date you wish the suspension to start. Once you wish cover to commence again you should contact us we can then reissue your Certificate and Disc.

You were probably told the details on the phone but just a reminder that if a policy is suspended, there will be no cover in place for the vehicle but the policy has not been cancelled. Your direct debits would continue for the period of suspension and you would then get a refund of the premium for the time the policy was suspended, less an admin fee once you go back on full cover. There are conditions to be met in order to qualify for the refund which I can give you more detail on if you like?

Regards

Seán
    Thanks for getting back to me Sean. The woman mentioned the above on the phone. Can I get the conditions aswell please?
    Hi Duffff-Man,
    There is no maximum time frame for suspending your policy, however on your renewal date we will automatically lift the suspension and your policy will renew as normal. If you wish to continue to have your policy suspended after your renewal date you must let us know.
    Where a policy is suspended any refund due will be paid after the suspension has ended. If you pay by direct debit, your monthly instalments will continue to be collected any any refund will be spread over your remaining instalments. If you have no remaining direct debit instalments left to pay, we will send your refund by cheque. If you have paid in full your refund will be issued to you using your original payment method.
    Any refund in premium is subject to;
    • An administration fee of e25
    • Cover being suspended for at least 4 weeks in a row
    • No claim has arisen, and there is no claim pending, in your current insurance year
    • We do not refund or charge any premium that is less that e30
    [*]
    If you would like any further information PM me your details and we can arrange a call back.
    Regards Una

I sent my insurance disk and certificate of insurance to your Cavan office yesterday evening. Can you check for me if this has been received if I send you a pm?

I sent my insurance disk and certificate of insurance to your Cavan office yesterday evening. Can you check for me if this has been received if I send you a pm?
    Hi Slippin Jimmy,
    Yes of course we will check this for you, go ahead and PM me your policy number.
    Una

• Advertisement

Hi Slippin Jimmy,
    Yes of course we will check this for you, go ahead and PM me your policy number.
    Una
    Hi Una,

I've sent you a pm.

Thanks

Hi una,

Can you please check if you have received my documentation?

Thanks again

Hi una,

Can you please check if you have received my documentation?

Thanks again
    Hi Slippin Jimmy,
    Documents have been received. I'll send you a PM.
    Thanks
    Una

Thanks for sorting everything out for me. Really appreciate it Una.

Hi folks,

I've sent you a pm there. Could you take a look when you get a chance?

• Advertisement
Advertisement