Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I due tax back? - F1 Visa

Options
  • 30-03-2015 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

So I completed a masters in California and did my 'post completion practical training' for 12 months with a company there.

I paid taxes, social security number etc. I received a W2 form with all payments and taxes paid etc.

I didn't overstay my visa or anything...Am I entitled to the tax I paid back?

Thanks for any info

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

You could be, it really depends on your circumstances. Remember that you have to file wih your state as well as federal.

Use a site like turbotax to see. And get on it quick, tax day is 15th April

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

You could be, it really depends on your circumstances. Remember that you have to file wih your state as well as federal.

Use a site like turbotax to see. And get on it quick, tax day is 15th April

Okay, thanks!

Ha...it was San Francisco I was in...I see you're there. Hope it's going well for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

If it's CA then it's complicated if you are out of state as the franchise board only accepts checks if you owe taxes.

Am happy out here, but taxes stress me out, life was easier in Europe.

Advertisement