Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Maisie Williams to star in Doctor Who

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

She'd make a good companion: a kid / someone in their teens could make for an interesting foil to Capaldi's spikier, less child-friendly persona. Mind you, teen characters on Dr. Who up to this point have tended to be incredibly obnoxious. Before I gave up on it, I always liked her performances in Game of Thrones and it'd be good to watch her in something a little less miserable :)

Side point: I see Jamie Mathieson is returning; that's great news, his scripts in series 8 (Mummy on the Orient Express and Flatline) were some of the stronger stories in series 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sjuckz

I agree with Pixelburp, The contrast would be good.
    I am wary it might get tired quickly if her character isn't strong enough though... like you said, so far teen characters have been quite obnoxious.

We need the next Amy Pond! :)

Also, I'm curious to see how Rufus Hound will do on the next series!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Anicka

Literally, I started screaming when I found out. So excited!

Advertisement