Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croke Park on a saturday (from Cork)

Options
  • 30-03-2015 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I'm flying out of Dublin in a few weeks, and was planning on making a bit of a day of it in Dublin first. The Croke Park museum and tour sounds like something worth doing, and has free parking, but I'm concerned about trying to get there on a Saturday afternoon.

I'll be coming from Cork, so am I better off going straight at the Red Cow and just dealing with whatever city traffic throws at me, or does it make any sense to continue on the M50 north to the end and fight my way back south via Drumcondra? Any route I should definitely avoid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

corblimey wrote: »
    I'm flying out of Dublin in a few weeks, and was planning on making a bit of a day of it in Dublin first. The Croke Park museum and tour sounds like something worth doing, and has free parking, but I'm concerned about trying to get there on a Saturday afternoon.

I'll be coming from Cork, so am I better off going straight at the Red Cow and just dealing with whatever city traffic throws at me, or does it make any sense to continue on the M50 north to the end and fight my way back south via Drumcondra? Any route I should definitely avoid?

I'd go down the n4 taking a right at liffey valley exit then pull off at the Phoenix park, up through phibsoro and on. Avoids town's traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

dan185 wrote: »
    I'd go down the n4 taking a right at liffey valley exit then pull off at the Phoenix park, up through phibsoro and on. Avoids town's traffic.

So north at the Red Cow, get off at Liffey Valley, then Chapelizod road and N.Circular, cutting over at Whitworth rd?

Looks straightforward enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

No real benefit to using Whitworth road tbh - just keep on the NCR until Russell street / Jones road, and turn off NCR there. Less faffing about, and the worst of the bottlenecks will be before/at Phibsborough in any case.

I see that route now, thanks for that. Looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

N4 way seems your best bet OP,Earlier ya go on the day of course the less traffic you might see so take that into consideration, Also There could be concerts/protests or anything on so to avoid most of them N4 is your best bet.

• Advertisement

It's this weekend I'll be doing this trip, but there's a new wrinkle. I want to check out the Dundrum shopping centre, so it's right at the Red Cow roundabout and down to Dundrum. Now next target is Croke Park, still advisable to jump back on the M50 and follow route as above?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

corblimey wrote: »
    It's this weekend I'll be doing this trip, but there's a new wrinkle. I want to check out the Dundrum shopping centre, so it's right at the Red Cow roundabout and down to Dundrum. Now next target is Croke Park, still advisable to jump back on the M50 and follow route as above?

It's probably easiest.

Advertisement