Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ALFASUD

Options
  • 30-03-2015 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Anyone gor a decent alfasud/sprint in the conutry in good condition for sale ,or am i looking for a miricle

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

I think you may be, they weren't exactly champions of longevity in humid conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

colmahon wrote: »
    Anyone gor a decent alfasud/sprint in the conutry in good condition for sale ,or am i looking for a miricle

Go to Italy/South of France

Any here have turned into a brown stain on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

• Registered Users Posts: 31 colmahon

thanks lads ,thats a fab looking car Irishcrx if i had that kind of money,i had a white one that i never took care of in the early 90s

i remeber someone had on up north last year if only i krpt the infomation

• Advertisement

Yeah she's lovely, proper restoration job by the looks of it.

The problem is, that's the kind of money you'd be looking at for one in very good condition as they are so rare. If you really scouted around France/Italy and were willing to travel you might find one but the majority of them will be rust buckets by now and need serious work to put right..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Good luck with that, the Classic Car subforum may be a better place for this query though, someone may know something.

I'd say South Africa would be your best bet for a good RHD example but that's time and money.

http://www.olx.co.za/q/alfasud/c-378

There's the best site I know of for Classics, covers what's available in Europe. It pretty much confirms what I said above.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/list/1/alfasud/

ok thanks ,looks like ill be saving hard for a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 alfastud

give a look in the classic alfa forum on sud's and I think it was there that I saw an alfasud for sale in ennis for around 6,995euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

The odd Alfasud does turn up for sale in Ireland, e.g. there was a 4-door 'Sud on DD recently for c.€2500.

Perhaps joining the Irish Italian/Alfa/Fiat club would be a good starting point..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

42509-500x375.jpg

Alfasud in Clare . €9750 though

ok thanks for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It is worth spending any money on an old Alfa unless one has a garage and possibly a heated one at that?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭mossy50

if your willing to travel then AUTO SCOUT 24 is the site to look at
    they currently have 43 alfa sud s for sale across europe mostly from private sellers at realistic euro prices not overcharged sterling prices
    im hopefully picking up a lancia fulvia from belgium in a few weeks time at a realistic price of 6000 euro for a series 2

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

It is worth spending any money on an old Alfa unless one has a garage and possibly a heated one at that?!
    I'd have to say probably not if you're planning on keeping it for any length of time.
    mossy50 wrote: »
    im hopefully picking up a lancia fulvia from belgium in a few weeks time at a realistic price of 6000 euro for a series 2
    Please drop back here with how that goes for you. Lovely cars 6K sounds very reasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭mossy50

Dades wrote: »
    I'd have to say probably not if you're planning on keeping it for any length of time.

Please drop back here with how that goes for you. Lovely cars 6K sounds very reasonable.
    Couldnt afford UK prices
    hopefully everything goes to plan as its a present for my dad who is 70 this year and its from us to him ( 2 brothers and me)
    the car is based in belgium (near charlwoi not sure of spelling )
    rossa red reg in july 1971 75500 km 90 hp 2 owners no rust drivers seat needs to be recovered black vinyl car is 4500 euro plus 1500 transport

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Couldnt afford UK prices
    hopefully everything goes to plan as its a present for my dad who is 70 this year and its from us to him ( 2 brothers and me)
    the car is based in belgium (near charlwoi not sure of spelling )
    rossa red reg in july 1971 75500 km 90 hp 2 owners no rust drivers seat needs to be recovered black vinyl car is 4500 euro plus 1500 transport

You should drive her home, I know a guy who bought a series 1 from Switzerland and he drove it home no bother.
    Once they are running well they are quite reliable.

i know what your saying but id love to get my hands on one again ,

• Advertisement

if your willing to travel then AUTO SCOUT 24 is the site to look at
    they currently have 43 alfa sud s for sale across europe mostly from private sellers at realistic euro prices not overcharged sterling prices

aw lucky you mate , id love to be able to do that ,but i wouldnt have that kind of money to spend ,im hopeing something will pop up here in Ireland .....i can dream

Advertisement