Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving home but they're already active

Options
  • 30-03-2015 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi, 
    I want to move my installation to my new home, but I was told the new place was already active with another provider. I was told to try vodafone and sky, however I can't contact sky and they're not with vodafone as I know someone working there.

I've been told that regardless of if I find where they're connected, I can't cancel it anyway as I'm not the account holder.

What should I do now? I need to move my internet ASAP as my work relies on me being online a lot.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Jennii. wrote: »
    Hi, 
    I want to move my installation to my new home, but I was told the new place was already active with another provider. I was told to try vodafone and sky, however I can't contact sky and they're not with vodafone as I know someone working there.

I've been told that regardless of if I find where they're connected, I can't cancel it anyway as I'm not the account holder.

What should I do now? I need to move my internet ASAP as my work relies on me being online a lot.

Thanks.
    Hi Jennii.

I'm afraid this is a bit of a difficult situation, ultimately eircom can't cut another service providers service off and equally you cannot request another customers service to be ceased. This basically leaves the situation where the land lord or house owner may need to provide the provider with proof of ownership to request that the  service be ceased - although that is the current providers call and they may have other procedures. Further to this the best advice I can offer is to contact eircoms moving house team on free phone 1901

Thanks
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Jennii.

I've already called the moving team and they told me to cancel this persons account, which of course, I can't do. I'm not in contact with the landlord as I'm moving through an estate agent, can they sort this for me if they call you? We don't know who's connection it is, there are no bills there aside from a billpay mobile and we've no more ways of contacting previous tenants as the estate agent has already tried.

If the estate agent called, or the landlord can they sort this?

I've already called the moving team and they told me to cancel this persons account, which of course, I can't do. I'm not in contact with the landlord as I'm moving through an estate agent, can they sort this for me if they call you? We don't know who's connection it is, there are no bills there aside from a billpay mobile and we've no more ways of contacting previous tenants as the estate agent has already tried.

If the estate agent called, or the landlord can they sort this?

This is the responsibility of the estate agent to get in touch with the land lord to sort this out to be honest jennii

I'm sorry I can't do more on this for you at present.

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Jennii.

Alright, thank you for your help!

Alright, thank you for your help!
    No problem Jennii.

AL

• Advertisement
Advertisement