Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retail website

Options
  • 30-03-2015 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭

Setting up a retail website where all the stock at the start will be drop shipped.
    I already have the companies that will drop ship & in the process of building the website.
    What are the problems I will likely face?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

My main concern would be quality control you have to rely on them to ensure the products are being picked well so no faulty or damaged products are being dispatched and you also have no control over dispatch times which are both things that would quickly turn customers off using your site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

jimmii wrote: »
    My main concern would be quality control you have to rely on them to ensure the products are being picked well so no faulty or damaged products are being dispatched and you also have no control over dispatch times which are both things that would quickly turn customers off using your site.

Yeah I've been given good reviews for the companies that I will use, obviously if I find its not working then I will change them.
    What legal issues should I be looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Help!!!! wrote: »
    Yeah I've been given good reviews for the companies that I will use, obviously if I find its not working then I will change them.
    What legal issues should I be looking at?

That's probably going to depend on the products and the location of the suppliers and dropshipper.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,571 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Drop shipping is an interesting process.
    As a customer my biggest bug is not
    Being told the items are being drop shipped.
    The majority are shipped from outside the EU so on electrical a the customer gets stung with taxes.

Shipping times from the Far East too, I hate to purchase from a .ie who are pretending to stock only for the item to take a month to arrive with Chinese postal marks.

Same on eBay, people listing items as being in the Ireland/UK which then obviously come from outside the EU.

Be honest with your customers and explain stuff is being drop shipped.

Warranty is another issue. You are responsibe to take back faulty goods. Mightn't happen much but it's your responsibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

All products will be from the UK.....It will be fashion so no warranties needed.
    Postage times will be clearly on the website
    I know about the returns side of things so that's not a problem

• Advertisement
Advertisement