Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Breakfast Roll in South County Dublin

Options
  • 30-03-2015 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Brunch is very much in vogue these days, and with t-shirt weather hopefully not too far away, however I found myself with a hankering for a breakfast roll yesterday to lift my spirits on a very grey morning.

I ended up going to Donnybrook Fair in Stillorgan expecting a very solid performane, but was pretty underwhelmed. Sausages were ok, rashers were overcooked, only black pudding available, and that was it. At 10.30am. Reasonable price @ €4.35.

So, where would people advise on in future? Convenience can be very much the order of business for those who may be vulnerable and suffering a hangover, but it would be great to know if there were any hidden gems out there. Matt the Rashers in Kimmage was mentioned to me, as was the News Cafe in Blackrock.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,441 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You went to Donnybrook Fair for a breakfast roll :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

coylemj wrote: »
    You went to Donnybrook Fair for a breakfast roll :eek:

Going by an old boards thread!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

super valu deasngrange is nice

Cafe Solo is nice

News Cafe is the dogs b******ks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Came here to say Matt the Rashers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

There is no beating News Cafe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

The Mig wrote: »
    There is no beating News Cafe!

Is it a soft Roll or a Baguette ?