Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sea state next 8 days

Options
  • 30-03-2015 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    I wonder if anyone could provide a forecast, or link to one, that predicts sea state for the next 7 to 10 days. Area is the Irish sea (Rosslare/Fishguard).

I'm trying to find a quiet period for a ferry crossing (surprise :P ) My missus doesn't travel well.

TIA for any help. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,512 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

I would say Thursday, Saturday or Sunday have the best conditions for a quiet crossing, would avoid tomorrow or Friday, and Wednesday is in between. Disclaimer -- the days to avoid are strictly in terms of this request and not a more general forecast, it won't be exceptionally rough tomorrow but a bit bouncy. The weather is more likely to be fair with good visibility on the weekend than on Thursday although if you go early it might be okay then too (for seeing the sights).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Falcon L

Thank you M.T.

I'll try to find a suitable crossing now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Falcon L

OK going for a sailing on Sunday morning at 02:30.

Everything looking the same?

TIA again. :)

Advertisement