Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Anyone move from iPhone 6 to 6+

• 30-03-2015 6:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭

Have a 6. Happy enough but think as I commute 4-5 hours day by public transport that reading ebooks, watching movies etc. would be nicer on the 6+.

But then again, when the warm weather arrives I would be putting it in my front/side pants pocket so obviously concerned about bending the thing against my thigh or when sitting down. I want to keep the apple leather/silicone case or something only slightly thicker (Tech21 evo).

So should I upgrade ? Has anyone gone from 6 to 6+ or from 6+ to 6 for that matter ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Flaccus wrote: »
    Have a 6. Happy enough but think as I commute 4-5 hours day by public transport that reading ebooks, watching movies etc. would be nicer on the 6+.

But then again, when the warm weather arrives I would be putting it in my front/side pants pocket so obviously concerned about bending the thing against my thigh or when sitting down. I want to keep the apple leather/silicone case or something only slightly thicker (Tech21 evo).

So should I upgrade ? Has anyone gone from 6 to 6+ or from 6+ to 6 for that matter ?

I had the 6plus on launch day and I had it sold 24 hours later and bought the 6 a week later. It was just too big its bigger than the note 4 as for upgrading its a matter of choice I would try before you buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Grays Sports Almanac

I got a 6 plus and previously had a Nexus 5. Wouldn't go back to using a smaller device.

It's great for watching videos and and reading.

Not had a problem with it being in any of my pockets or bending.

To me it doesn't look that big at all anymore. I was used to it after a couple of days. Anything else just seems too small now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

I had the 6plus on launch day and I had it sold 24 hours later and bought the 6 a week later. It was just too big its bigger than the note 4 as for upgrading its a matter of choice I would try before you buy.

Interesting. I did not realise the 5.5" 6+ was bigger. Seems huge allright looking at it in the stores. I guess it's the bezels. Must give it a go.

I got a 6 plus and previously had a Nexus 5. Wouldn't go back to using a smaller device.

It's great for watching videos and and reading.

Not had a problem with it being in any of my pockets or bending.

To me it doesn't look that big at all anymore. I was used to it after a couple of days. Anything else just seems too small now.

Yeah my friends say the same about the Note 4. They would never go back.
    Seriously considering selling the 6. Only 3 months old. And going 6+ on contract with Three. Although it's pricey at almost 370 euro on 55e a month tariff. At least it comes out of next months bill if I upgrade :)

Forgot to ad...I have an iMac so continuity and handoff would come in handy.

By the way, what case are you using on 6+ ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Grays Sports Almanac

Yeah it is pricey. Mine was 400 on upgrade, but I don't envisage changing it for a long time so..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

The Galaxy 6 Edge seems to have the sweet spot for screen size but I just can't be doing with android I tried it for a couple of days with the OPO but I just didn't like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I had a 6 for a few weeks after moving from a 5s. I felt like the screen wasn't as big of an upgrade as I had been wanting.

So I returned it and went for the 6 plus. Now I was very close to returning it because I felt it was too big but whatever clicked on day 12 of the 6 plus, I loved it.

It's a great screen size for what you mentioned above, video, books & general browsing. The increase in battery life is great also & if you use an Apple 12w charger with it, you can top up a good bit in a 30 min charge. I always get a full day and I'm a heavy user.

Overall, I would say go for it. If you don't feel 100% happy with the 6 (like how I felt) then try the 6 plus for 10 days. Don't make your mind up on the plus until you've given it a try as well but based on what you're telling me it sounds like the plus is for you.

I think the Plus is for me too.

I was seriously looking at the Galaxy S6 too cause I really like the look, but yeah Android, and there is Cleanmaster bloatware installed you can't delete plus Touchqiz is still there. I had an M8, Note 4 and Z3 before making the switch to iPhone and I just think everything is snappier on iOS.

Three don't do the 128gb plus on upgrade, just the 16gb and 64gb. Have an IP6 64gb now in silver. Thinking of getting the space grey plus 64gb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I think the Plus is for me too.

I was seriously looking at the Galaxy S6 too cause I really like the look, but yeah Android, and there is Cleanmaster bloatware installed you can't delete plus Touchqiz is still there. I had an M8, Note 4 and Z3 before making the switch to iPhone and I just think everything is snappier on iOS.

Three don't do the 128gb plus on upgrade, just the 16gb and 64gb. Have an IP6 64gb now in silver. Thinking of getting the space grey plus 64gb.

That's exactly what I have. 64gb is great. Can't see myself needing more. Currently have 40gb free anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

The battery life is unbelievable and using it for media is a much better experience on. You could just put a case on it, it seems to bend under extreme pressure. Get a Spigen or Otterbox case for it. They both have slim cases. Wouldn't bother with the Apple cases. Id say go for it. Im getting an iPhone 6+ soon enough and can't wait for it.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 BandofBrothers

Hi,

I moved from the iPhone 5s straight to the iPhone 6 Plus because I wanted the larger screen as I use the Internet heavily and watch quite a few YouTube videis etc.

My son has the iPhone 6 and loves it.

I played with both models in my local  store and just knew the 6 plus was for me. 😄

Advertisement