Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cider Making courses in Ireland???

• 30-03-2015 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi,

I have been making Cider at home for past few months and has been going well. I really enjoy making it and wonder if there are courses fetac or otherwise out there to actually further this hobby into something i could work at.

I was wondering if anybody knows what kind of courses I could do to not only make better Cider at home but potentially help me make a career out of favourite hobby.

any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,087 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I would've thought the first step to making a career out of it is "buy an orchard".

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

David Llewellyn runs one-day courses at Sonairte, though only in autumn, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 aidan7990

Hi,

I think buying an orchard before learning how to properly make before investing so muh would be a bit short sighted to be honest.

Thanks for suggestion

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

The maker of Tempted? cider doesn't own an orchard :)

OP, if you're serious about making a career of it, your first move should be to visit every cider-maker you can.

HI,

I have already made contact with Longueville house in mallow where I live already and do intend on ma king more contact. Thanks for advice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Read about apples and read about making cider. This is a good read.

Thank you for advice will add this to my reading list on the subject.

Advertisement