Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uncongested Broadband

Options
  • 30-03-2015 7:34pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Just wondering why eircom advertise their fibre broadband as being uncongested when it clearly isn't?
    A relation of mine upgraded to efibre, and while it's approx 50mb download speed in the early afternoon, It drops to approximately 3mb around 7pm?

A friend of mine sells eircom and was chastised for not advertising the broadband as being uncongested when a secret shopper called instore, He said he refused to because it just wasn't true, The S.S had no response.

Surely it's considered false advertising?  

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

pajero12 wrote: »
    Hi
    Just wondering why eircom advertise their fibre broadband as being uncongested when it clearly isn't?
    A relation of mine upgraded to efibre, and while it's approx 50mb download speed in the early afternoon, It drops to approximately 3mb around 7pm?

A friend of mine sells eircom and was chastised for not advertising the broadband as being uncongested when a secret shopper called instore, He said he refused to because it just wasn't true, The S.S had no response.

Surely it's considered false advertising?  
    Hi pajero12

Congestion should not occur with eFibre broadband and if this issue persists for your relation it is highly advisable to contact technical support (on 1890260260) where they will be able to work on resolving the issue. 

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement