Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

donkeys abandoned

• 30-03-2015 8:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have 2 donkeys that were abandoned on my land since before Christmas, I have been feeding them and looking after them since then but it can't go on, I keep animals myself and have enough to be doing without having to take care of these as well

I left them where they were in case the owners popped up, but no such luck, I don't want to ring the pound and certainly wouldn't like to see them put down

I'm hoping someone here can put me in touch with some place that takes them in or re homes donkeys, they seem in fairly good order, but their hooves could do with a trim, something I'll get the farrier to do the next time he comes to me

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Whereabouts in the country are you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

Oh sorry, I'm in clare about 20 min from ennis, I've Googled donkey's sanctuary , but I can only found one in Cork, whom I've tried to contact to no avail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭coathanger

Contact

<snip>

they may be able to help you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

definitely call <snip> first, but you could also call rescues in your local area. I volunteer with a rescue and we've kept and rehomed donkeys and ponies. Very good of you to take care of them - you could put an ad in the "rehoming" thread on this forum too?

Didn't realise their was a rehoming thread ,thanks for that . I've Googled it but their doesn't seem to be much around the area in regards to rescue centres or sanctuarys

• Advertisement

<snip> in Cork would be the biggest in the country I believe

There is in your area:

<snip>
    I dont know if <snip> take donkeys - <snip>

Im sure there are many more - I think on BOARDS there is a list of welfare/rescue centres around the country - someone might be able to post that for you

• Registered Users Posts: 25 dogluver

<snip> would be the best and keep trying them!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

As said before <snip> in Cork are very good.

A bit further afield but might be useful if transport can be arranged:

<snip> in Sligo

<snip> In Longford

I've tried them a few times but the phone didnt even ring, but I'll keep trying thanks

Let me know if you cant get through to them (Cork Sanctuary) tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

They have a Facebook page...on my phone at Sorry can't link atm but I'm sure they would take them in

They have a Facebook page...on my phone at Sorry can't link atm but I'm sure they would take them in

Here it is: <snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

How far are you from Mountshannon?

About an hour and a half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Mod:

From the Forum Charter -

No recommendations, links to, or discussion of the activities of individual rescues. - By PM only.

Please do not recommend rescues on thread, it was a condition of this forum being permitted to remain in operation. I see the same people posting recommendations across multiple threads, please don't continue to do this as they will ultimately be removed and it is only making work for the mod team.

Thank You,
    AJ

Apologies Mods - hadnt appreciated that naming a list of organisations was taboo - sorry :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

whupdedo wrote: »
    About an hour and a half

Pm'd ya.

Neo_Ninja wrote: »
    Let me know if you cant get through to them (Cork Sanctuary) tomorrow.

I've been trying the sanctuary, but to no avail I'm afraid

whupdedo wrote: »
    I've been trying the sanctuary, but to no avail I'm afraid

Sent you a PM

Advertisement