Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming magazines

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Pretty sure that's the magazine the original mod of this forum, Shinji used to write for before moving to eurogamer and then pastures greener. Absolute legend and I'm still not sure how he didn't ban me after putting up with all my teenage ****.
    I noticed his name when looking through the magazines a few years back and wondered if it was him. He was at EG at that stage and shortened his first name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

PC Zone and PC Gamer I used to get every month.

And back when playstation was first released...there was another another magazine..not the Official one..ehh....."PLAY" . yeah, I used to get that one.
    Now and again I would also get "Powerstation" if it had the tips/cheats/guide for a certain game I was after or playing at the time.

Also if I had spare money, I'd grab a Gamesmaster...which used to have no content...it was just jammed full of screenshots...but it allowed me to see what games were popular or other consoles etc

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,616 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Back in the 80's it was Crash, C&VG and Sinclair User, also some Your Sinclair.
    In the 90's I read Edge, a great mag that only lasted a year Maximum, a host of Nintendo and Sega magazines, Official 3DO Mag :eek: , OPM.
    In the 00's it was mostly Edge and some OPM.
    In the 10's it's been Edge, plus the very occasional Retrogamer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,616 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Pretty sure that's the magazine the original mod of this forum, Shinji used to write for before moving to eurogamer and then pastures greener. Absolute legend and I'm still not sure how he didn't ban me after putting up with all my teenage ****.

Ahem....
    Right listen to me cos I know what i'm talking about.
    the two best games on ps1 and possibly ever are FF7 closely followed by Metal Gear Solid. FF7 wins out because it has the best story ever and nothing has ever come close to the experience metal gear solid delivers. Anyone who says otherwise obviously hasn't played these games. And ignore Prae.

;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,559 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If only that was my worst transgression :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement