Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

when did you ovulate again after breastfeeding?

Options
  • 30-03-2015 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

I think and hope I am getting my fertility back after 6months of bfing but it may be early days. I got a big increase in CM compared to last few months. Last week I had wet CM for couple days and 2 days EWCM (26th and 27th) and then on 28th what I thought was a dry day but by night was very wet again and the same pattern yesterday (29th). Today I had some EWCM but not as abundant as last week. Have been temping more carefully since last week but my temp has been consistently 36.4-36.44 for the last few days. OPK has been negative. I guess I'm getting concerned now that I'm not ovulating as it seems to be taking too long now. Cervix high for past few days too. Some strong signs yet OPK and temps say otherwise. Can it take as long as this to ovulate from the start of EWCM? Is is likely that I could have some anovulatory cycles as have only stopped bfing a few weeks? I have not been great at consistently temping until I stopped bfing completely but did do it occasionally to get a baseline and my temps have always been 36.4 average. I'd like to hear other people's experiences thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Just throwing this out again to see if anyone else is in the same situation? Thanks.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I'm not sure my information is much help to you, but my cycle came back coinciding with the 6month weaning mark. I got pregnant (though mc) on the next cycle after that. But I was still breastfeeding, and due to previous difficulties TTC, it didn't even cross my mind that we might get pregnant not only naturally, but so quickly too.

Neyite wrote: »
    I'm not sure my information is much help to you, but my cycle came back coinciding with the 6month weaning mark. I got pregnant (though mc) on the next cycle after that. But I was still breastfeeding, and due to previous difficulties TTC, it didn't even cross my mind that we might get pregnant not only naturally, but so quickly too.

Thank you. That was a quick return to fertility which is encouraging but I'm v sorry to hear about your mc.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

Im not sure if i am much use to u either as im ttc but i found i just wasnt getting preg while bfeeding. After 7.5 months i started giving a bottle as well as feeding and still no period or baby. So i gave it up completly and got my period back 6 weels later which is almpst 4 weeks agp. Hopefully we will have another baby soon...i just didnt want to take the chance that it would take ages because age is not on my side.

I was the same. Was afraid to continue bfing for too long as the expense of my fertility so stopped night feeds at 4months and completely at 5mths. I was tempted to keep doing 1 or 2 feeds a day but like you decided no I needed to stop completely. Best of luck with ttc.

• Advertisement

Af has arrived! Delighted cos I can start tracking my cycles properly now. It was only a month wait after all. Hopefully not waiting too long to ovulate again as I believe Af is just the beginning...

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭crunchie1

I BF for 6 months, took 2 months for my cycle to return..then got pregnant 3 months after that

Ladies did your cycle change post baby. eg get longer? I'm on my first cycle since AF returned. Cd 15 now and still dry, no cm. While I think I ov'd about Cd 17/18, I would have always started my fertile window -going by cm - by Cd 12 approx.

Turns out im pregnant now! 6 weeks so very early days. So in terms of fertility returning...6 weeks after giving up bfeeding i got my period then got pregnant after that! It might happen quicker than u think ;)

That's fantastic! Big congrats! And after only one period. Best of luck to you. Happy and healthy 9 months! So your cycle came back as a normal one obviously. That's good to hear. You are can great advertisement for quick fertility post bfing!

• Advertisement

Thanks !!! Really early days-very nervous. I was taking macca but who knows if that made a difference.

What's macca?

It is a herbal supplement which is supposed to increase ur fertility. I heard allot about it in breastfeeding groups when i was ttc when breastfeeding. But as i said who knows if it had any impact at all!

Advertisement