Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selected wrong activation method before setting up a standing order

Options
  • 30-03-2015 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭

Hello, I just set up a standing order, but I wrongly selected "post" when asked which method I prefer to activate it.

Since I'm about to leave the country for a couple of weeks, I'm not going to be able to get the letter and I'd like to activate this as soon as possible.

Is it possible to cancel or stop the standing order I just set up, so that I can do it again selecting "mobile phone" as a method to receive the security code?

Lastly, where do I enter the security code? I can't seem to find a list of standing orders waiting for activation.

Thank you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi JackHeuston, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

You can delete the existing inactivate standing order by choosing 'Manage Accounts' on the left had side of the screen and then 'Manage Standing Orders'.

Once deleted,  you can then reset up the Standing Order and choose the security code delivery method of Mobile phone. Just to mention, you  must have your mobile phone registered to avail of this option. When you request to receive this code by text, the activation step can be completed straight away. 

We hope this helps however, should you need any assistance with this, please feel free to call our dedicated Banking team on 0818 365 365 / +353 1404 4000 and a representative will be more than happy to assist you. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement