Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jobs you'd like to do.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Pixie lotts toilet seat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Any job?

President of the USA

Jed Bartlett meets Frank Underwood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

biko wrote: »
    Someone posted a while back about bordello testing.
    I singed up but never heard back.
    What did you sing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Stand-up Comedy. If you are any way decent, you could earn a lot of money and people will love you.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fuzzytrooper

Hamburger

Or Leprechaun hunter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Nib wrote: »
    School teacher.

30 hours per week. 3 months summer holidays, holidays at Christmas, Easter and mid-term break. Good money too.

No school teacher works 30 hours a week.

Saw in the paper that a company in Germany was looking for a a candidate to basically go undercover and examine prostitute safe sex compliance. :eek:

How would you explain that when people asked what you do for a living...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

chicken sexer..... very highly paid

Because you basically throw adorable fluffy baby chickens into a shredder all day - there's no amount of money in the world could pay you enough for that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

Saw in the paper that a company in Germany was looking for a a candidate to basically go undercover and examine prostitute safe sex compliance. :eek:

It'd look good on the CV. I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Corkdude81

Anyone know what Lites Group Merchandiser jobs are like?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Human Signpost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Because you basically throw adorable fluffy baby chickens into a shredder all day - there's no amount of money in the world could pay you enough for that!

Dead in thirty days anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

No school teacher works 30 hours a week. ...

Ah there's probably the odd workaholic one who does those kind of crazy hours. You get them in all jobs!

S

Simple, you say - I have the worlds best job:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

hijinxer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

No school teacher works 30 hours a week.

Allow for holidays and it probably averages a lot less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Astronaut, imagine being able to go to space and especially landing on another planet or moon. Being able to view earth like we view the moon at night. Must be an awe inspiring feeling.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

I'd like to work for the UN as an interrupter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Chocolate taster. Nom nom :)

Corkdude81 wrote: »
    Anyone know what Lites Group Merchandiser jobs are like?

It's a bit like opening an account to ask the same question three times on three different threads? Best of luck with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Nib wrote: »
    School teacher.

30 hours per week. 3 months summer holidays, holidays at Christmas, Easter and mid-term break. Good money too.

The only down side is being a grown adult & still stuck in school with a load of dim witted children :pac:

When you think about it really, it must be weird to have never school in your life and entered the real world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I've always wanted to be a mirror installer.

I guess it's something I could always see myself doing...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Wouldn't mind trying my hand at being a mechanic. Always like working with my hands and fiddling with engines.
    Unfortunately:
    1. I don't think the pay is great
    2. Covered in dirt and oil the whole time (This actually doesn't bother me a bit but worth mentioning)
    3. After you've done your 4000 basic service on a car/tractor/truck the enjoyment of the job might begin to slip
    4. Its probably more basic services that ripping engines apart
    5. Modern vehicles have increasing amounts of electronics and complex designs that if there's a problem with a unit, its treated like a black box and replaced. There's not much scope for intuitive thinking.

Still though, had I my chance over I would have apprenticed as a mechanic and if it wasn't suiting later I could head on and do the college thing. I have my degree now but I still think that would have been a happier path for me personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jungleman

Most possible dough for least possible hassle

politician, then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

Professional Burger Flipper at Burger King.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Green keeper at a plush golf course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Page four and no-one's gone for it? AND it's now an open position?

Fine, I'll be one of the new Top Gear presenters so :D

Sleepy wrote: »
    Page four and no-one's gone for it? AND it's now an open position?

Fine, I'll be one of the new Top Gear presenters so :D

Are you a dick? You'll need to be a dick. Or at the very least a tosser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Anything outdoors that involves little contact with people. No suits...no meetings....no requirement to look your best..... Pretty much the opposite of what I do :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Professional Burger Flipper at Burger King.

They're referred to as Grill Masters in burger king :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Stand-up Comedy. If you are any way decent, you could earn a lot of money and people will love you.

I'd love it, but damn it takes a lot of balls and hard work. Serious character needed.

Its certainly not a 'comfy' job. Not unless you make it to the top, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Corkdude81

endacl wrote: »
    It's a bit like opening an account to ask the same question three times on three different threads? Best of luck with it!

Yet not a single person has answered the question. I'm new here,was just asking for help.

• Advertisement

Corkdude81 wrote: »
    Yet not a single person has answered the question. I'm new here,was just asking for help.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/faq.php?faq=bie_faq_guidelines#faq_bie_faq_guidelines_spam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Anything outdoors that involves little contact with people. No suits...no meetings....no requirement to look your best..... Pretty much the opposite of what I do :(

This. I'd give anything for 8 - 10 hrs a day of no human contact & getting paid for the joy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Egginacup wrote: »
    I'd like to work for the UN as an interrupter.

Immediately thought of this cheeky chappy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭migozarad

Pro-cunning linguist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

God-Emperor Of The Universe (with 50% discount on BJ's at all tanning salons entailed).

....oh, I passed the audition for that....we're franchising out to Earth next year.

Lips ready for flying teacups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Always wanted to be a fighter jet pilot...but couldn't be bothered to sign up when I was younger....our AirForce and Red-Arrows aren't much like the F-14s and F-15s they get to fly in the U.S.

But basically anything to do with flying a high speed aircraft would be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭edward2222

Work in Walmart while reading some threads....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Gongoozler wrote: »
    Head of puppies. I've yet to find an organisation that has such a position so I might need to set up my own organisation and be head of puppies.
    Schwiiing wrote: »
    Elaine Crowley said the other day that she'd love to hire someone to hold her massive honkers to take the weight off her back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

I'd like to work on an ESB crew. Outdoors, reasonable amount of brain work involved, savage pay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Existentialist

Civil servant, you'know for that licence to kill you get.

Advertisement