Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cologne marathon

Options
  • 30-03-2015 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Anybody run the cologne marathon? If so is it worth traveling over for and is it worth missing Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭RJC

I ran it in 2007 - my first marathon. It's flat and early October can be warm. Is it worth missing Dublin...............that depends on what you consider worth missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

I ran it in 2013 and found it a great course. With Ryanair flying to cologne now it will be cheaper although it was very handy from dussledorf...was to do last year too and ending up switching to the half...contemplating doing it this year but been there done that so might do a different one...there is an option of changing to the half and if you pay 10 euro extra you get a refund if you pull out...nothing stopping you racing cologne and jogging around Dublin and enjoying it

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭jimcricket

Thanks for the info. I,ve done Dublin 4 times now so im looking for something different. I feel if I commit to something like this it will focus me better to train. I will have to give it some thinking over before I commit to it. but I cant see myself jogging around Dublin 3 weeks after. It normally takes that long to learn to walk after a marathon. Thanks again

Advertisement