Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband not really broadband at peak times?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Well I have internet and phone back now. I still have the usual slow speeds and high latency in the evenings. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

tuxy wrote: »
    Well I have internet and phone back now. I still have the usual slow speeds and high latency in the evenings. 
    Thanks for letting us know tuxy

I have no further information on your reports of congestion but as soon as I do I will let you know right away

Thanks
    Al

Since last Friday my internet has been much better some slight slowdown but nothing major. Latency is greatly improved. It looks like there is a good chance this has been resolved. If only Eircom had acknowledged it and give me a date for when it was expected to be resolved it would have saved some much time trying to investigate it. I'm guessing I'll never find out what the actual problem was and that is concern in case it arises again.

Since last Friday my internet has been much better some slight slowdown but nothing major. Latency is greatly improved. It looks like there is a good chance this has been resolved. If only Eircom had acknowledged it and give me a date for when it was expected to be resolved it would have saved some much time trying to investigate it. I'm guessing I'll never find out what the actual problem was and that is concern in case it arises again.

Thanks for updating this thread with the good news tuxy

Unfortunately detailed Network specifications & information are not always going to be available or accessible however both myself and Tony had escalated your feedback and reports to our networks team while highlight the urgency on this.

Thanks
    Al

Thanks, I do appreciate the help but it's frustrating that Eircom do not have good communication between departments. 

• Advertisement

Thanks, I do appreciate the help but it's frustrating that Eircom do not have good communication between departments. 
    I fully understand your views on reflection of your experience Tuxy,

Thanks
    Al

Should the bank be contacted? It's worrying that money would be taken without consent.
    Download speeds are now 1 Mbit at night. I'd actually be in a better position if I had never reported the fault. 
    Hi tuxy

I was unaware that direct debit details were provided, the fastest way to revers the payment is contacting your bank for a reversal which I believe can be arranged quite easily.

I will request removal of the direct debit from your mothers account however I have yetto have an update on the congestion issues you have raised. I have been previously advised that this is being investigated at a higher (networks) level and as soon as their findings are complete I will be notified. I have not yet been notified but I will of course request an update and let you know of any further information I obtain.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,
    The direct debit is now canceled however we got a bill that has direct debit as the only payment method. It has no barcode so we can't pay at a pay zone or post office. We got a call today from Eircom asking why the bill was not paid. We had to explain it was because no possible payment method was issued with the bill. Can you please clarify what is going on and how we can go about paying this months bill?

Should the bank be contacted? It's worrying that money would be taken without consent.
    Download speeds are now 1 Mbit at night. I'd actually be in a better position if I had never reported the fault. 
    Hi tuxy

I was unaware that direct debit details were provided, the fastest way to revers the payment is contacting your bank for a reversal which I believe can be arranged quite easily.

I will request removal of the direct debit from your mothers account however I have yetto have an update on the congestion issues you have raised. I have been previously advised that this is being investigated at a higher (networks) level and as soon as their findings are complete I will be notified. I have not yet been notified but I will of course request an update and let you know of any further information I obtain.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,
    The direct debit is now canceled however we got a bill that has direct debit as the only payment method. It has no barcode so we can't pay at a pay zone or post office. We got a call today from Eircom asking why the bill was not paid. We had to explain it was because no possible payment method was issued with the bill. Can you please clarify what is going on and how we can go about paying this months bill?
    Hi Tuxy,

Sorry to hear this, This happened as the DD details were removed after the bill was already prepared. This will not happen future bills - you can pay by card by signing up to my eircom: https://my.eircom.net/eircom/transactional/login? or calling accounts on free phone 1901.

Thanks
    Al

I'd rather not vice Eircom card details again after the last time. Can we be issued with a new bill or some other way to payl?

I'd rather not vice Eircom card details again after the last time. Can we be issued with a new bill or some other way to payl?
    Hi tuxy

A reprint of a bill will also have direct debit payment only as this was the case at the time the bill was made.

If you register for my eircom you can arrange a once off secure payment yourself - I can assure you that the card details are not stored.

You can make a Cheque payable to eircom Ltd and mail it to PO Box 43, Kilrush, Co Clare.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi Alan, sorry to bother you again. Since I ended up on a new account bills have been more expensive than normal.
    On a bill from 3 December 2014 we were charged €38.76 ex vat for our bundle
    talk anytime (+30 mins to mobile) and broadband advanced unlimited
    In the last few bills we have been charged €59.75 ex vat for the same bundle.

Has the cost of the package really increased this much since December?
    We used to get discount bundles deducted from the bill however now it seems like we are not on any bundle. 

I managed to sort this over the phone, we have been overcharged for the last 3 months and it will be credited to the account.
    It's been so messy but I hope that's everything sorted out.

edit: actually I'm left confused now because I was now told I will get the service for a discount rate because I am a new customer( even though I'm not)
    Can I get a breakdown of how much I was over charged. And how much I will be paying for the service from now on?

For the last 3 months the discount of 12.60 for the talk and broadband bundle was not being applied
    We have now received 12.60 x 3 (37.80) back in credit. However we were also charged VAT on that 12.60 and have not got that back.
    Why are Eircom holding on to this money?

So finally we are being charged €58 for phone and internet when we were being charged over €70!
    But we were told that because it was a new account we would only be paying €30 for the first 6 months
    We were promised this would have taken effect by now.
    We were told we would be paying €30 a month(for 6 months) and have been forced to pay 70+, we had no option but to pay or we would loose service. 
    This has put us under financial strain and we even got calls for Eircom asking why we were slow to pay in 10+ years of dealing with Eircom we have never missed a payment.

Can someone please explain what is happening at the Eircom billing department?
    When will everything be in order with my bill?

All this trouble just because I rang technical support to report a fault.

I'm now told it's too late to make use of the promotional discount but there will be some kind of discount on my next bill to make up for this.
    Alan I really need to talk to someone who understands Eircoms billing system. 
    I have no idea where I stand right now. 

I'm now told it's too late to make use of the promotional discount but there will be some kind of discount on my next bill to make up for this.
    Alan I really need to talk to someone who understands Eircoms billing system. 
    I have no idea where I stand right now. 
    Thanks for taking my call tuxy

Again, I'm very sorry for the disappointing experience. To clarify, your next six bills will be €35 per month then rising to €58. A credit of €122.72 will be applied to your next monthly bill.

I'm very confident you will not experience billing issues again however if you do have any further queries please get in touch

Cheers
    Al

Thanks for the call Alan.
    I'm very happy with this resolution. The extra discount is good compensation for having to deal with such a mess.
    I will just keep an eye on my bills to make sure everything is ok.

Thanks for the call Alan.
    I'm very happy with this resolution. The extra discount is good compensation for having to deal with such a mess.
    I will just keep an eye on my bills to make sure everything is ok.
    You most welcome tuxy - I can only thank you for your patience and understanding.

Please do feel free to get back to me if needs be

Cheers
    Al

Advertisement