Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gaming build upgrade. 500 budget

Options
  • 30-03-2015 11:02pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38

Currently specs:
    Vs series 550w
    G3528 overclocked to 4.3ghz
    H81m-C motherboard.
    2*4 GB ram
    Power cooler R9 280 over clocked
    1TB WD blue
    T1 blizzard cooler

I'd have around 500 to upgrade. Thinking of going 1440P i5, sli(future), Gtx 970 or R9 290. Probably better off starting from scratch? What is the above worth? 500?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Decent enough as it is, G3258 is a fantastic performer but shows it's weakness (lack of HT) in a few select titles, if you really want to spend that 500, I'd go for an unlocked i5, personally I'd probably hang onto the R9 280 for now and wait for new range of cards, but if you really want to go for it, can't go wrong with a GTX970 or R9 290, both big improvement on the 280 and net cost will be low enough factoring in the sale price of the 280. Well under the 500.

Also an SSD is absolutely essential if you don't already have one. Wouldn't have a build without one.

Advertisement