Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quality of eircom eFibre in D15?

Options
  • 31-03-2015 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭

Can anyone who has upgraded from standard eircom broadband to eFibre comment on their experience? Our existing connection is slow but ultra-reliable; in this case reliability is more important than speed. Eircom is upgrading all non-fibre customers to eFibre in D15 at the moment.

Posting here rather than in the Broadband forum to get D15 feedback.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Hi Bill,

I'm with Eircom at the moment. I switched from UPC who were faster but the contention rates were too high and broadband would fall down every five to ten minutes at peak times.

So yes, it's slower, but it is more reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I've been with UPC for years and years. Love it. No problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Codpeas

I've done that upgrade and have found it to be very reliable. Very rare to see the connection drop.

That said, I'm in the lucky situation of being within stone throwing distance of the new cabinet so my modem is syncing at the full 100Mbps down/20Mbps up rate and on speedtests have gotten 98Mbps down/19Mbps up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

You have to bear in mind one house can get 100Mbits another house 12Mbit. Ring and ask is generally the best option.

The problem stems from it being fibre from the cabinet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Someone else in the family got the eFibre. I have UPC. But the eFibre seems to work fine any time I tested it. Decent speeds. Its not used heavily. I don't know what its like for congestion or gaming or anything like that. They mainly got it because they didn't want the hassle of UPC they have enough problems with the UPC TV already.

• Advertisement
Advertisement