Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheating in Airsoft/ Not taking you hits

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

d.one wrote: »
    So I take it from your response that you don't play here regularly if ever ?

From experience he's played a lot more airsoft games than some have .

Doesn't matter where you play you come across the same issues .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

So I take it from your response that you don't play here regularly if ever ?

Here's my very first post on all things airsoft-related on boards.ie, dated 28th May 2007. I'll let you figure out the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭d.one

Lemming wrote: »
    Here's my very first post on all things airsoft-related on boards.ie, dated 28th May 2007. I'll let you figure out the rest.

The thread is about cheating in Airsoft and obviously you would have to be playing here on a regular basis to make an informed comment,
    So when was the last time you played here pal the just wondering?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭mack1984

The thread is about cheating in Airsoft and obviously you would have to be playing here on a regular basis to make an informed comment,
    So when was the last time you played here pal the just wondering?

Does cheating only happen in Ireland? :confused:

Nope but if someone plays here on the sites mentioned in this thread you would know the situation from first hand knowledge and not just something they have read I've played in the UK a few times not in the last year though but I wouldn't go on a UK equivalent pages and talk about cheating simply because I don't play there regularly enough to know the situation there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭mack1984

Im not sure I get your point. Cheating is cheating. Its the same here as it is in the UK or the rest of the world for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I've played airsoft in Ireland for several years before moving to the UK, and played across Europe so many times I stopped counting long ago. I've played many different event types and I've played with many, many, many different nationalities (N.American, Australian, & Chinese included, not just European), and the two things you'll find in common are:
    • everyone loves airsoft
    • everyone has issues (perceived or real) with people cheating. Go onto any airsoft forum and you will find strong sentiment regards non-hit taking.

So d.one - "pal" - as Mack has so eloquently and succinctly pointed out, cheating is cheating the world over. Airsoft in Ireland is not unique, people who play airsoft in Ireland are not unique, nor is cheating in Ireland unique among nations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

It's been so long since I seen a good argument on here.....

I miss it!

It's been so long since I seen a good argument on here.....

I miss it!

Lol I don't think it was an argument really I think there is a slight difference of opinions but in fairness we all have a common ideal that's our love of the game and our desire to see it played fairly

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

I personally don't buy the helmet and tack vest excuse,bbs make a very distinctive sound when hitting a helmet ,and if a Tac vest is stopping you taking your hits because you can't hear or feel them hitting you it's time to stop wearing it ,just saying

You always know you've been hit on the helemt for sure. No denying that sharp crack of plastic on plastic lol.

All other unprotected body parts are easy enough to identify hits on too. You basically feel them sting you but Tac vests can sometimes make you miss a hit. Not if you're stationary mind you but if you're in motion (running etc).

Im pretty sure I at least hear 99% of the times I'm being shot at and they're hopping off the vest. That or you will feel them too but there's always the possibility that anyone can miss one shot out of the blue. Its something Ive had to accept over the years as Ive definitely seen that $hit can happen basically and nobody's perfect.

My complaints are about the same lads constantly ignoring hits blatantly and I always have my suspicions of these guys when they just happen to bring back the flag etc. Dubious much :rolleyes:.

• Advertisement

D_murph wrote: »
    You always know you've been hit on the helemt for sure. No denying that sharp crack of plastic on plastic lol.

All other unprotected body parts are easy enough to identify hits on too. You basically feel them sting you but Tac vests can sometimes make you miss a hit. Not if you're stationary mind you but if you're in motion (running etc).

Im pretty sure I at least hear 99% of the times I'm being shot at and they're hopping off the vest. That or you will feel them too but there's always the possibility that anyone can miss one shot out of the blue. Its something Ive had to accept over the years as Ive definitely seen that $hit can happen basically and nobody's perfect.

My complaints are about the same lads constantly ignoring hits blatantly and I always have my suspicions of these guys when they just happen to bring back the flag etc. Dubious much :rolleyes:.

Out doors I only wear a belt rig and only ever wear a vest proper cqb for that reason,I'd rather go home with a few bruises than miss hits and be labeled a cheat ,but it's Airsoft I'm sure I've been hit and didn't feel or hear it ,but I'm the same the guys that you can see blatantly cheating grind my gears

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

Out doors I only wear a belt rig and only ever wear a vest proper cqb for that reason,I'd rather go home with a few bruises than miss hits and be labeled a cheat ,but it's Airsoft I'm sure I've been hit and didn't feel or hear it ,but I'm the same the guys that you can see blatantly cheating grind my gears

Yep. Im the same. I wear a tac vest purely for the functionality of it. Id wear a belt rig but for CQB, that just wouldnt work. Too many mag pouches needed. Both pistol and main arm alike.

Thats my indoors setup. My sniper setup is basically a lot lighter. No vest but a quickly removable ghillie net and headgear. A molle belt carries my pistol and spare mags but thats it. It pays to move light lol ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭LeeHarvey

My first time ever skirmishing was at a site in Dublin, I'm not going to divulge where, but it really shed a dim light on the game for me, and as the cliche goes - first impressions last.
    The game was mil-sim and if you were hit you had to stop where you were, get down on a knee with gun vertical, and count to 20.
    If in that time one of your own team members got to you - then you went back to your start point and continued on, but if one of the other team members got to you in the 20 seconds then they had scored a point and you went back to their start point and stayed there until freed by your own team members.
    Simple right? No.
    The cheating was endless and not only in not calling hits when I and my team mates can see the guys clenching their teeth with our .2's bouncing off their arms and chest, but in speed counting and exclaiming that "your not allowed grab me!!!!!!!" In a thick Dublin accent when you tap one of the opposition who actually called his hit on the shoulder to try gain a score for your team, and then tell you that in the time it took for the verbal too-and-fro to be finished "time is up anyway bud" as he saunters off laughing all the way back to his start point to start his BS again. And he did, over and over.
    The umpires were informed more times than I could remember, but nothing was done, why ? I think because some people value making money over customer satisfaction.
    I got offered a place on a team that night, but before I answered I asked "is that a normal nights events?" and he answered yes, so I politely declined his offer.

Advertisement