Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Akhal-Teke breed in Ireland

Options
  • 31-03-2015 1:00am

Does anybody know anyone interested in, or more ambitiously, who keeps these horses in Ireland, or even in the UK? I've been asking anyone who might possibly know something about them but am meeting brick walls.

I've been able to find a number of dealers in the UK who breed the Akhal Teke, and I'm interested in importing a young animal, but I'd like to get a better feel for conformation, defects, advices on pedigree & purity, and so on.

Alternatively, if anyone is just interested in the A.T., I've collected plenty of articles etc over the past year or so, perhaps we can exchange information and experience.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Wobbly_Legs

http://www.akhal-teke.org/

This site may be of some use to you, albeit based in the US.
    I've had a look around and there is some interesting information available..
    You may be able to get in contact with an owner to discuss your queries with.
    Such a beautiful and rare breed.

Advertisement