Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccines question

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭mulbot

pwurple wrote: »
    mulbot, I'm not a chemist, I'm an engineer. If you can show me aborted fetus on the packaging list I'll believe you. Growth enviroments are an entirely different thing to ingredients. They don't get anywhere near the manufacturing facility.

thought you might like this one. :)
    http://www.theonion.com/articles/i-dont-vaccinate-my-child-because-its-my-right-to,37839/

I merely pointed out that what people were dismissing as rubbish i.e that aborted fetuses were not used in vaccine manufacture,is actually wrong-I also said it was sterile in the vaccine,or in otherwords no trace.

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Mulbots post are very good at asking people to confirm their assertions by posting links... However, I fail to see any valid links from the poster him/herself!

Mulbot would be great if you could Post a valid link from the WHO, UNICEF, CDC, vaccine package ingredient list or ANY valid peer reviewed research article that proves any of your claims from your last 3 posts? Especially the claim about aborted foetuses?

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/BiologicsBloodVaccines/Vaccines/ApprovedProducts/UCM142553.pdf .That's a script for the Meruvax,first paragraph explains where it has been propagated

Satori Rae wrote: »
    Just checked around for a credible source and the cdc website states it was 2001.

Can you provide a link? I will post a link after that showing you are about 10 years out in accuracy..

Look your agenda has been clear from your first posts on this threads.

I would say grand, it's OK, you're entitled to your opinion ... except that, IF you are actually a parent who is exposing their unvaccinated child to the public, you're putting countless lives in danger.

But maybe you aren't being so irresponsible (I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt - few parents are.) Maybe you don't actually have children yet.

Agenda? I am a parent yes and i find offense in you suggesting i'm lying about that,as i clearly stated that earlier in this thread! Also explain what you mean by countless lives,with reference to who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

mulbot wrote: »
    http://www.fda.gov/downloads/BiologicsBloodVaccines/Vaccines/ApprovedProducts/UCM142553.pdf .That's a script for the Meruvax,first paragraph explains where it has been propagated

Jerrica above has explained this extemely well and concisely. They way you describe this fact sounds sensationalist and akin to dead baby tissue being used in vaccine ingredients... Probably to provide more sway to your agenda. All I can say is thank god people here have more sense.... Or the world would be in a sorry state.

Another measles outbreak in Auckland New Zealand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Satori Rae

Can you provide a link? I will post a link after that showing you are about 10 years out in accuracy..

I this a case of show me a link or didn't happen? You have not posted a single link as far as I am aware to back up a single thing you have said and any information you have is either misinformed or is out of date. I am not saying this to be nasty but if you are going to be wary of medicine, vaccines or science and argue against these things then you should at least read the current events about it.

Because you are just raising the amount of information that is squewed or wrong being spread around out there. I did mention where you could find the information but here it is

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/concerns/thimerosal/thimerosal_timeline.html

Check out 2001 on the page also may I suggest you read different medical journals to the ones you have read.

You are not saying what folk here don't already mostly know. New aborted babies are not used directly everyday and also chick embryos are now common place now to grow cells for certain vaccines. Also funny thing you go by the fda for info on ingredients but not by how vaccines are effective in saving lives :/

Most of all medicine if not derived from something or some animal is then tested on animals before it hits human trails.

I have a feeling you would try argue against any ingredient what so ever no matter what it was :/

And also people donate to medical science all the time, check out the body farm in America people can donate their bodies if they wish so students can study different levels of decay etc so if someone was going to abort a fetus decided to donate it to science for future use why not at least it does not go to waste in aiding in saving other lives. But it is not as extreme as you put it.

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Jerrica above has explained this extemely well and concisely. They way you describe this fact sounds sensationalist and akin to dead baby tissue being used in vaccine ingredients... Probably to provide more sway to your agenda. All I can say is thank god people here have more sense.... Or the world would be in a sorry state.

Another measles outbreak in Auckland New Zealand.

You asked me to provide a link and i have,that script is not my wording,it is the documented medical evidence from the manufacturer,and for the record,
    I have no agenda,i think every person here has the right to choose whatever they think is best for the health of their children-be that, to vaccinate or not. I do not have any negative expressions for people that vaccinate,that is their choice. Also, if you find my facts sensationalist then that is your own personal opinion,and i have not once mentioned"dead baby tissue" in any part of this thread. I have simply provided links or information that contradict the notion that the use of aborted fetal cell strains in vaccines are "rubbish".

And yes,jerrica did explain very well,i don't dispute at all,i answered to the posts that doubted the fact that aborted fetal tissue was used in vaccines

I this a case of show me a link or didn't happen? You have not posted a single link as far as I am aware to back up a single thing you have said and any information you have is either misinformed or is out of date. I am not saying this to be nasty but if you are going to be wary of medicine, vaccines or science and argue against these things then you should at least read the current events about it.

Because you are just raising the amount of information that is squewed or wrong being spread around out there. I did mention where you could find the information but here it is

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/concerns/thimerosal/thimerosal_timeline.html

Check out 2001 on the page also may I suggest you read different medical journals to the ones you have read.

I suggest you look back a few posts,i linked a vaccine script to Sligo1.Also i find it extremely ironic that you are telling me to be aware of current events regarding this topic-you had no idea of that recent Italian court case regarding vaccines/autism until i mentioned it to you,and you are trying to tell me that any mercury or a derivitive was last used in 2001,when i have a vaccine script for the vaccine TRIPEDIA, that shows it still had trace amounts of thimerosal(mercury derivative) as late as mid 2011!! If you like i can link you that script,if you don't want to find it yourself.It is you who needs to read about current events!!

By the way,i have mentioned earlier in the thread that i have read and researched numerous medical journals etc that debate both sides of this topic,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I merely pointed out that what people were dismissing as rubbish i.e that aborted fetuses were not used in vaccine manufacture,is actually wrong-I also said it was sterile in the vaccine,or in otherwords no trace.

The post I replied to was claiming aborted fetus was an ingredient. Like deliveries of dead babies show up at the warehouse door... It's pure sensationalist nonsense.

Also, the word sterile does not mean "no trace". Otherwise I could say there were sterile mars bars and polar bears in vaccines.

Do you travel mulbot? Have you ever travelled to a place where they have difficulty getting vaccines? What did you think when you got there? "Hey ho... Sucks to be you guys. Don't think I'll bother doing any small part to eliminate these preventable diseases though. I'll have a go at increasing them instead. "

• Advertisement

I suggest you look back a few posts,i linked a vaccine script to Sligo1.Also i find it extremely ironic that you are telling me to be aware of current events regarding this topic-you had no idea of that recent Italian court case regarding vaccines/autism until i mentioned it to you,and you are trying to tell me that any mercury or a derivitive was last used in 2001,when i have a vaccine script for the vaccine TRIPEDIA, that shows it still had trace amounts of thimerosal(mercury derivative) as late as mid 2011!! If you like i can link you that script,if you don't want to find it yourself.It is you who needs to read about current events!!

By the way,i have mentioned earlier in the thread that i have read and researched numerous medical journals etc that debate both sides of this topic,

If you read my comments earlier back I said nearly all vaccines bar in some facilities that make one or two vaccinations such as the flu vaccination that they need to use it in as they have not found safer alternatives yet.

One link just now after countless posts aggressively asking for us to post links for every single thing we post. ...is not fair at all. Also what was it you said in a prior post to me before you edited it so a mod wouldn't see it when you exploded at me.....
    Go back to school? ?? I think 8 years is enough for me ta in which I spent studying health care not just during but in between and funny enough I had to study biology for them 8 years. Comments like that just mean you can't be taken seriously.

But alas what would a nurse or a person who works in pharmaceuticals know....we may not know everything about everything but we are pretty clued up it's our job to be.

Also again I'll repeat it vaccinations do save lives they add to going hand in hand with how human lifespan has increased.
    You might need to read different medical journals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Are we talking about that stupid court case again? :rolleyes: It has already been discussed how ridiculous that is:
    Turtwig wrote: »
    Isn't that the same country whose judicial system sent people to prison for not predicting an earthquake?

tinkerbell wrote: »
    Are we talking about that stupid court case again? :rolleyes: It has already been discussed how ridiculous that is:

Funny as well bot quoted a link from the fda. The fda and cdc state also on their site's from results of trials that autism us definitely not a result of vaccines :/

pwurple wrote: »
    The post I replied to was claiming aborted fetus was an ingredient. Like deliveries of dead babies show up at the warehouse door... It's pure sensationalist nonsense.

Also, the word sterile does not mean "no trace". Otherwise I could say there were sterile mars bars and polar bears in vaccines.

Do you travel mulbot? Have you ever travelled to a place where they have difficulty getting vaccines? What did you think when you got there? "Hey ho... Sucks to be you guys. Don't think I'll bother doing any small part to eliminate these preventable diseases though. I'll have a go at increasing them instead. "

Ok,now we both know nobody here suggested that. I referenced cell strains.

Yes i travel. I don't think i mentioned anywhere that i disagree with people using vaccines(i've said the idea is good)-I've said everyone is entitled to make a decision based on information available regarding the pros and cons of their use and I'm doing that in the best interests of my child

Funny as well bot quoted a link from the fda. The fda and cdc state also on their site's from results of trials that autism us definitely not a result of vaccines :/

Do you mean that i suggested vaccines cause autism? You won't any post where i've said that

If you read my comments earlier back I said nearly all vaccines bar in some facilities that make one or two vaccinations such as the flu vaccination that they need to use it in as they have not found safer alternatives yet.

One link just now after countless posts aggressively asking for us to post links for every single thing we post. ...is not fair at all. Also what was it you said in a prior post to me before you edited it so a mod wouldn't see it when you exploded at me.....
    Go back to school? ?? I think 8 years is enough for me ta in which I spent studying health care not just during but in between and funny enough I had to study biology for them 8 years. Comments like that just mean you can't be taken seriously.

But alas what would a nurse or a person who works in pharmaceuticals know....we may not know everything about everything but we are pretty clued up it's our job to be.

Also again I'll repeat it vaccinations do save lives they add to going hand in hand with how human lifespan has increased.
    You might need to read different medical journals.

Are you saying thses companies know they are using a dangerous substance in their vaccines?

Also,why would you say i need to hide anything from a moderator? Are you insinuating something without any basis for that at all?

Are you saying thses companies know they are using a dangerous substance in their vaccines?

Also,why would you say i need to hide anything from a moderator? Are you insinuating something without any basis for that at all?

No they are not using a dangerous substance in vaccinations if it was dangerous truly dangerous it would be noticed by now and also there would be actual more cases against the government and health care systems.
    I also explained what this type of substance is and what it does in a previous post.

Also the cdc and fda and other organisations have found this ingredient to be perfectly safe as I sad it is only used in one or two vaccinations. The rest where all changed in 2001 which you didn't know about and also the two that it's still in is in it to date so it was not taken out of them in 2011 as you said.

I'm not insinuating anything a personal attack is a personal attack in my opinion. Edited or not I seen what you wrote about me and it was uncalled for. So I bought it up to make you aware I seen it and also it is inappropriate in my opinion to explode like that in anger over a conversation.
    As for the comments about Mods I am new to this site so I can't speak for them plus I am not one and as I don't know them and also I am not fully sure on rules about comments as such , so I don't know what they would have done if they read something like that. But I was not impressed by it.

Here are some quotes (If I have the hang of this multi quote thing where you at least imply autism is linked to vaccines)

Maybe not so much multi quote not got the hang of it so but here are your quotes

" One of the major reasons he came to that decision was because of the script provided for the vaccine which had noted the very word "autism" in it's list of adverse affects during clinical testing!"

"Maybe you can explain the recent case in Italy where a court deemed that a vaccine made by GSK,was linked to autism."

"Actually Judge Nicola Di Leo determined that yes, the child had a genetic predisposition which made him more susceptible to the condition post-vaccination"

"irrelevant to this topic, which was based on numerous expert opinions from medical science"

No they are not using a dangerous substance in vaccinations if it was dangerous truly dangerous it would be noticed by now and also there would be actual more cases against the government and health care systems.
    I also explained what this type of substance is and what it does in a previous post.

Also the cdc and fda and other organisations have found this ingredient to be perfectly safe as I sad it is only used in one or two vaccinations. The rest where all changed in 2001 which you didn't know about and also the two that it's still in is in it to date so it was not taken out of them in 2011 as you said.

I'm not insinuating anything a personal attack is a personal attack in my opinion. Edited or not I seen what you wrote about me and it was uncalled for. So I bought it up to make you aware I seen it and also it is inappropriate in my opinion to explode like that in anger over a conversation.
    As for the comments about Mods I am new to this site so I can't speak for them as I don't know them and also I am not fully sure on rules about comments as such , so I don't know what they would have done if they read something like that. But I was not impressed by it.

I know very well when thimerosal was stopped generally,my question asking you was not to gain information for myself but to ask you did YOU know.

I didn't say anything about thimerosal being taken out of vaccines in 2011- I said it still had trace amounts of it as late as 2011-how did you manage to twist that i don't know

I also find you very presumptuous in your posts regarding me,I don't write anything out of anger,and if you say you don't know what the "mods" will say or do why would you suggest I deleted a post because they would see it?
    Also please post up for everyone to see what you considered a personal attack please.

One of the major reasons he came to that decision was because of the script provided for the vaccine which had noted the very word "autism" in it's list of adverse affects during clinical testing!
    Maybe you can explain the recent case in Italy where a court deemed that a vaccine made by GSK,was linked to autism.
    Actually Judge Nicola Di Leo determined that yes, the child had a genetic predisposition which made him more susceptible to the condition post-vaccination-
    I know very well when thimerosal was stopped generally,my question asking you was not to gain information for myself but to ask you did YOU know.

I didn't say anything about thimerosal being taken out of vaccines in 2011- I said it still had trace amounts of it as late as 2011-how did you manage to twist that i don't know

I also find you very presumptuous in your posts regarding me,I don't write anything out of anger,and if you say you don't know what the "mods" will say or do why would you suggest I deleted a post because they would see it?
    Also please post up for everyone to see what you considered a personal attack please.

I can't post something you edited quickly out as it no longer exists. But it definitely seemed posted out of anger. So if that is my personal opinion on how I read your comment I do not think that is being presumptuous at all especially when you are telling a grown person to go back to school as they do not know anything o.0 I do not think anyone reading a comment like that be it the person it is aimed at or not would be happy with remarks like that (again only my personal opinion is all)

As for trace amount in 2011? Trace amounts in vaccines in general did not exist bar in the ones they could not find alternatives in. They were completely removed other wise.

Also if you knew what year why did you say I was wrong when I was right in what I said :/

• Advertisement

I can't post something you edited quickly out as it no longer exists. But it definitely seemed posted out of anger. So if that is my personal opinion on how I read your comment I do not think that is being presumptuous at all especially when you are telling a grown person to go back to school as they do not know anything o.0 I do not think anyone reading a comment like that be it the person it is aimed at or not would be happy with remarks like that (again only my personal opinion is all)

As for trace amount in 2011? Trace amounts in vaccines in general did not exist bar in the ones they could not find alternatives in. They were completely removed other wise.

Also if you knew what year why did you say I was wrong when I was right :/

Once again i will ask you to stop presuming-my reference to the Italian case was just that-a reference,it does not in anyway suggest that i have the same conclusions!!

I do not understand what you mean about the trace amounts.

If you say mercury/thimerosal was stopped "except in a few flu vaccines" in 2001-2002 then,yes you are wrong-as it was still in the Tripedia vaccine(which is not a flu vaccine) in 2011

Once again i will ask you to stop presuming-my reference to the Italian case was just that-a reference,it does not in anyway suggest that i have the same conclusions!!

I do not understand what you mean about the trace amounts.

If you say mercury/thimerosal was stopped "except in a few flu vaccines" in 2001-2002 then,yes you are wrong-as it was still in the Tripedia vaccine(which is not a flu vaccine) in 2011

There is more then the Italian case quote which I used that I used it shows you at least entertain the idea of they 2 being linked so why can't I use that along with the others? It seemed that way also by the way you kept referencing it you believed in the cases findings. Plus this is the first time I referenced it as far as I am away to you :/

I am not saying you should not say now you did not or also nor am I trying to back you into a corner with it but you did write the above quotes and if you personally thought that at the time there is no wrong in that as not everyone is aware these things do not at all at all go hand in hand.

Now like my prior post I said one or 2 vaccines as an example and I used the flu shot, one or 2 suggest there is more. I just noted what you said about the Dtap vaccine and there is no Thiomersal in any vaccines given to babies or young kids any more, usually it is now this that is used instead http://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/PIL.26222.latest.pdf

But Tripedia had less then 0.03ug or Thiomersol hence trace amount.

Also here is a study for the WHO org to state studies done with the type of Mercury used in vaccines. The have more in-depth better notes on these studies listed on the CDC website though.

http://www.who.int/vaccine_safety/committee/topics/thiomersal/statement_jul2006/en/

There is more then the Italian case quote which I used that I used it shows you at least entertain the idea of they 2 being linked so why can't I use that along with the others? It seemed that way also by the way you kept referencing it you believed in the cases findings. Plus this is the first time I referenced it as far as I am away to you :/

I am not saying you should not say now you did not or also nor am I trying to back you into a corner with it but you did write the above quotes and if you personally thought that at the time there is no wrong in that as not everyone is aware these things do not at all at all go hand in hand.)

NO, that is what you have presumed,You are presuming that i think vaccines and autism are linked based on me providing you with a reference to that case.You had said vaccines do not cause autism,i simply asked you to explain why a court in Italy had linked the two (whether that court was wrong or right i don't know- it was the decision). My referencing something for you does not mean i believe or agree, unless i have said so,and i never mentioned what my opinion in that matter was!!

I am not saying you should not say now you did not or also nor am I trying to back you into a corner with it but you did write the above quotes and if you personally thought that at the time there is no wrong in that as not everyone is aware these things do not at all at all go hand in hand.)

NO, that is what you have presumed,You are presuming that i think vaccines and autism are linked based on me providing you with a reference to that case.You had said vaccines do not cause autism,i simply asked you to explain why a court in Italy had linked the two (whether that court was wrong or right i don't know- it was the decision). My referencing something for you does not mean i believe or agree, unless i have said so,and i never mentioned what my opinion in that matter was!!

I'm just going by what you wrote and how you conducted your side of the conversation you never stated you didn't believe it.

Your comments came across as you thought both where linked together you even argued with me that autism could have indeed been triggered by a vaccination.

Even though I said a genetic condition such as autism could not be.

I'm just going by what you wrote and how you conducted your side of the conversation you never stated you didn't believe it.

Your comments came across as you thought both where linked together you even argued with me that autism could have indeed been triggered by a vaccination.

Even though I said a genetic condition could not be.

How i conducted my side was to provide some information about how that case went,i can also say that i never stated i did believe it either,but you don't seem to want to factor that into your presumptions

How i conducted my side was to provide some information about how that case went,i can also say that i never stated i did believe it either,but you don't seem to want to factor that into your presumptions

Oh okay so you believe vaccinations don't cause autism? Contrary to my "presumptuous nature" of what I read in previous posts before hand. And the other quotes I posted making it seem like you stated otherwise.

Then why would you argue against science and actual trials and spread and provide more misinformation out there.....even to entertain the judge is right in this case is both dangerous and sad to the fact its adding more fuel to a non existent fire.

But also if you where asking me for what I thought or knew about it, it did not come across that way to me at all.

"irrelevant to this topic, which was based on numerous expert opinions from medical science" which by the way it was not a proper medical opinion.

But also why would you keep discussing the case if you agreed with my stance. When you asked me about it I stated why I thought it was baloney so I don't get the constant questioning that became of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

I'm in the pro vaccination camp and am very much aware of the original paper linking autism to vaccinations and how the research and results were basically faked and that paper and author was not accepted by his peers due to this (big deal in research papers) and countless more well researched papers have been published and accepted proving no link. Of course we all know that it one takes one idea to take off for it to be considered the truth and unfortunately this one paper caught on. Arguing this ive found makes me bang my head against the wall. So now I repeat a mother I heard on the radio a while ago. There was a discussion about linking vaccines to autism and a mother of four autism children called in. She is pro vaccine. All her autisic kids have been vaccined (people these days of course have no idea of the severity of these life threatening diseases). Anyway its claimed authism is linked to the mmr vaccine as authism tends to be diagnosed around the same time it is administration. However, due to this lady having two authistic children she saw that her next two children were autistic long before they got the mmr and before they reached the age where they could be officially diagnosed. This story really stuck with me.

I also know a lady who is pregnant with her first child who doesnt want her baby to be vaccinated because of the autism fear.....the childs father is autistic! And shes going to blame vaccinations if her child is autistic. This is one of the banging the head against a wall situations!

Noo wrote: »
    I'm in the pro vaccination camp and am very much aware of the original paper linking autism to vaccinations and how the research and results were basically faked and that paper and author was not accepted by his peers due to this (big deal in research papers) and countless more well researched papers have been published and accepted proving no link. Of course we all know that it one takes one idea to take off for it to be considered the truth and unfortunately this one paper caught on. Arguing this ive found makes me bang my head against the wall. So now I repeat a mother I heard on the radio a while ago. There was a discussion about linking vaccines to autism and a mother of four autism children called in. She is pro vaccine. All her autisic kids have been vaccined (people these days of course have no idea of the severity of these life threatening diseases). Anyway its claimed authism is linked to the mmr vaccine as authism tends to be diagnosed around the same time it is administration. However, due to this lady having two authistic children she saw that her next two children were autistic long before they got the mmr and before they reached the age where they could be officially diagnosed. This story really stuck with me.

I also know a lady who is pregnant with her first child who doesnt want her baby to be vaccinated because of the autism fear.....the childs father is autistic! And shes going to blame vaccinations if her child is autistic. This is one of the banging the head against a wall situations!

A difficult situation the only thing you can to is link her to good sites like cdc....fda and hse (at a push bit minimal on info)

On the cdc site they list a trial that happened in china in which helped prove the myth wrong. ...hopefully she will at least talk to her doctor about it.

Even though I said a genetic condition could not be.

Can you find that post where i said my belief is that autism could be triggered by a vaccination? Maybe you mean the post where i said the judge concluded that?

• Advertisement

Oh okay so you believe vaccinations don't cause autism? Contrary to my "presumptuous nature" of what I read in previous posts before hand. And the other quotes I posted making it seem like you stated otherwise.

Then why would you argue against science and actual trials and spread and provide more misinformation out there.....even to entertain the judge is right in this case is both dangerous and sad to the fact its adding more fuel to a non existent fire.

But also if you where asking me for what I thought or knew about it, it did not come across that way to me at all.

"irrelevant to this topic, which was based on numerous expert opinions from medical science" which by the way it was not a proper medical opinion.

But also why would you keep discussing the case if you agreed with my stance. When you asked me about it I stated why I thought it was baloney so I don't get the constant questioning that became of it.

I didn't say the judge was right,once again,i merely referenced the case.

The questions that followed were asking about points that didn't get addressed in the initial post.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement