Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brake disk skimming

• 31-03-2015 5:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭

Anyone know who does this?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,240 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Try Kiely Engineering on Careys Road. Just past the CIE Club as you go up careys rd. If they don't do it they should know who will. Sorry I dont have a phone number for them.
    Alternatively phone Seamus mc Grath Motors (or similar) and ask who they use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Try Kiely Engineering on Careys Road. Just past the CIE Club as you go up careys rd. If they don't do it they should know who will. Sorry I dont have a phone number for them.
    Alternatively phone Seamus mc Grath Motors (or similar) and ask who they use.

Kiely'S Engineering,
    88 Carey'S Rd Upr Limerick
    Phone: 061413148

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭gambithh

Thanks Guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭Pure Mule

Skimming a brake disc is like 're-lining a brake shoe or a clutch. Cheaper to buy new because of the cost of the Labour involved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,240 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

99% of the time, yes....but depends on what the OP is driving.
    Could be a 60's Merc or a modern Porsche :).

I know it's probably not either of the above but he may just have something that's slightly too old for replacement discs to be still on the market, or something a bit too high-end for spurious discs to be available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭gambithh

Just to update this Kiely Engineering dont do this service anymore and didnt know of anywhere that did,its a dying trade and the chap i spoke to said they no longer did this due to insurance reasons as they take a few mm of disc off every time.
    Car is question is a 99 Integra R .i have ordered two new disks for 80e the pair.

Advertisement