Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Books

Options
  • 31-03-2015 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,010 ✭✭✭

Hi All, I am starting from scratch from a science background and am preparing for the GAMSAT and I was hoping that someone could tell me what leaving certificate books you're currently using for the following subjects

Physics
    Chemistry
    Biology

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

Physics: Real World Physics
    Biology: They use Bio(educate.ie) in my school
    Chemistry: Understanding Chemistry

• Registered Users Posts: 6,010 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

coolerboy wrote: »
    Biology: They use Bio(educate.ie) in my school
    Chemistry: Understanding Chemistry

Ty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 pickmeplease

hey there,

i used a lot of practice tests and that gold standard book - if you could get your hands on the gold standard CDs too I found them great! i did science myself but hadn't focused on the basics for years so it can be tricky! I've tonnes of notes for sale if you're interested give me a shout and i can cut you a deal - some 'books for dummies' too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

We use 'Chemistry Live' by Declan Kennedy and 'Biology Plus' by Michael O'Callaghan, I find both quite good

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,190 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Make sure you take a look at the syllabi too, which show the topics that can be asked in the exams, whether covered by books or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Hi All, I am starting from scratch from a science background and am preparing for the GAMSAT and I was hoping that someone could tell me what leaving certificate books you're currently using for the following subjects

Physics
    Chemistry
    Biology

Chemistry: Chemistry Live
    Biology: Leaving Cert Biology (EDCO)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,010 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Thanks again guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Tixel

Anyone got any good suggestions for good books in the area of

Nutrition
    Sports Science