Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike Fit for TT Bike

• 31-03-2015 11:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,256 ✭✭✭

Just curious...in what way does a Bike fit for a TT bike differ from a road bike?

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Saddle height is generally the same. I personally move my saddle forward as far as I can get while remaining UCI legal (5cm behind BB) and keep it horizontal

TT bars are supposed to be horizontal. I will move them 1-2cm lower (take out the spacers) with the TT bars. Again in terms of how far the TT bars protrude I simply aim at keeping it UCI legal (which for me is no more than 80cm in front of the BB)

Interesting to see the way Ryan Mullen has his set up - he has his arm rests raised the maximum 10cm and as a result his head is almost touching his arms, making him look very aero. Not sure I could ever get comfortable in that position though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,256 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

So if your getting a TT bike a good start would be to choose frame size the same as your Road bike?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

My TT bike is the same size as my road bikes.

I see a lot of TT bike purchases in fingal in the future.... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,256 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

thanks for the Info...yeah might invest in a TT bike someday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

07Lapierre wrote: »
    So if your getting a TT bike a good start would be to choose frame size the same as your Road bike?

My TT bike is smaller than my road bike - but I could probably have got the same.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

My TT/pursuit bikes a are size smaller than road bikes to give me a lower "front-end"

("back-end" remains way too un-aero mind:pac:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

My TT bike is smaller than my road bike - but I could probably have got the same.

going a size smaller on the TT bike is pretty common

i ride a 57/58cm road bike, but my TT bike is a 56.

Advertisement