Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

newbie Turbo Trainer question

• 31-03-2015 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hi,

I recently got a given a second hand Minoura Mag500 turbo trainer from a friend who was throwing it out. I thought great, this will allow me get some miles in during the evenings.

I don't know anything about turbo trainers, but I discovered on the internet that I am supposed to use a Minoura provided skewer to mount the bike. The trainer didn't come with a skewer. Is this absolutely necessary? Can I just mount it using my existing quick release skewer? What would be the issue if I mounted the bike as is?

Cheers in advance for any replies.

Comments

Yeah you need the skewer. It's the thing the turbo grips onto. If you don't use it you might have the most embarrassing cycling accident ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

a lot of skewers that come with wheelsets have plastic parts which wont hold up to a turbo-ing. on thr bright side the turbo skewers are so robust you can just leave em in your rear wheel regardless of whether you're in or out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭markusz

a generic turbo skewer from your LBS should do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭efwren

Thanks for all the quick replies.

Looks like I need a new skewer so!

Advertisement