Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Passcode on Ipad ?

• 31-03-2015 12:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭

Hi, my kids were using my ipod to listen to music. Unfortunately one of them put it into Spanish & when the other tried to help her she put a passcode on it with random numbers & hasn't a clue what the code is ! Now as soon as I put it on it looks for the code. Any ideas ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

unless you can guess the passcode correctly, you will have to connect it to iTunes, put it into restore mode and remove all data from it.

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT204306

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

If you are using iOS8 then you will not be able to restore it easily without the passcode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭bop1977

I thought that ios8 only required your Apple ID to reset an iPad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

If find my iPhone/iPad was switched on you can remotely erase it and then restore from backup (make sure you have a backup, either from iCloud or iTunes).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

davo2001 wrote: »
    If you are using iOS8 then you will not be able to restore it easily without the passcode.

Not true. It's very easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Not true. It's very easy.

Yup, sorry just Apple ID/password needed. My mistake.

Advertisement