Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodging a cheque drawn on a french bank to my account

Options
  • 31-03-2015 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I  have a bank of ireland account and  lodged  a french cheque into my account  8 days ago
    I understand it needs  some time to clear however I would expect to see evidence of the lodgement
    in my account 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi scobaun, 

Thanks you for getting in contact and welcome to Boards.ie

When you lodge a foreign cheque like this, it can take up to 4 to 6 weeks to clear. The funds will not show on your account until the cheque has been cleared by the issuing bank. 

We hope this helps and if we can assist you with anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 4 scobaun

As I said I understand the funds won't be shown however I would expect to see evidence of the lodgement
    in my account

Also with AIB its 8 days to clear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi scobaun, 

Apologies for any confusion. 

Once the cheque is cleared the funds will be available on your account. Until then, this lodgement will not be evident on your account balance or transactions. 

Just to mention, there will be a record in your branch of your lodgement.

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 

Hi scobaun, 

Apologies for any confusion. 

Once the cheque is cleared the funds will be available on your account. Until then, this lodgement will not be evident on your account balance or transactions. 

Just to mention, there will be a record in your branch of your lodgement.

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 
    Thanks Elaine :-) 

• Advertisement
Advertisement