Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal New Generation?

Options
  • 31-03-2015 1:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17

First time to post in the music section on boards. New to the boards so I thought I'd set up a thread for people to highlight some new bands who have come out with solid debut metal albums in the past year.

Focusing on bands that are maybe bringing something fresh and new to the metal scene.

Let us know. Share the music

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Shattered Skies are an Irish Prog Metal band who just released their debut album, the end and the rebirth.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 The4thQuarter

Shattered Skies are an Irish Prog Metal band who just released their debut album, the end and the rebirth.

Awesome man. I like this, definetly gonna check them out. Thanks for the intro

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Astro Zombie

This is good stuff, must look them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Red Enemy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 The4thQuarter

Its difficult to think of any really good new bands in metal. I suppose there is one stand out band who are doing something totally new and fresh in metal and that's Baby Metal from Japan.

At first I didn't like them, thought they were a bit of a gimmick but in the past year they have been very successful with their first album and world tour.

Apparently they are absolutely crazy awesome live as their band on tour is made up of some top level heavy hitter musicians on the Japanese metal scene.

I can't post a video yet but they have some quite high quality live videos on dailymotion if anybody wants to check them out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Cormac... wrote: »
    Red Enemy

Holy Sh1t - just checked them out on spotify. Great suggestion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

I'm sitting here in my Vircolac t-shirt as I type this. Awesome Black/Death from Dublin, they released their first demo in November. Probably doesn't seem that fresh but they manage to get a great blend and they nail the horror aesthetics of the music.

Advertisement