Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs in Audio/Visual industry

Options
  • 31-03-2015 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi,

I am currently looking at venturing into a career in the Av industry but I am not sure where to get started?

I wonder is there anyone who currently is working in this field or knows of the best ways to get in the door ie. experience, courses, certification needed. Any recommendations would be very helpful.

I am currently working in an events role from a logistics point of view but would ideally like to to focus on the Av side whether it be music or corporate based events.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

dcselling wrote: »
    Hi,

I am currently looking at venturing into a career in the Av industry but I am not sure where to get started?

I wonder is there anyone who currently is working in this field or knows of the best ways to get in the door ie. experience, courses, certification needed. Any recommendations would be very helpful.

I am currently working in an events role from a logistics point of view but would ideally like to to focus on the Av side whether it be music or corporate based events.

Cheers

i see a lot of AV jobs advertised (jobs.ie monster etc). Usually they look for a good knowledge of systems and a clean driving license. i presume they give training on the job for the right candidate. like the audio industry, a 3rd level education isnt usually a must.

Advertisement