Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allowed to cancel contract - now charged a fee!

Options
  • 31-03-2015 2:38pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, hope you can help me.
    Last month I exited my contract early with eircom due to the price increase. I was permitted to do this over the phone, and despite the many offers I was given to stay with the company, cancelled my contract and moved to Sky.
    Switchover was painless, unlike a few of the threads I've seen on these forums with not even ten minutes of service interruption, something I must commend yourselves and Sky upon.
    However to my shock I received my final bill this morning, with early cancellation fees applied for both broadband and home phone! I had expected, and was willing, to pay minimal charges for the days service was provided before the switch, however with discounts applied and minus the cancellation fees it appears that Eircom owe me money!
    Now I'm not requesting that money, but what I would like is to have these cancellation charges removed post haste.
    As a side note my direct debit has been cancelled already, and any charges eircom place upon my account for attempting to claim these false charges will also be expected to be reimbursed. I also would like to point out that I find it very sneaky of the company to first off; apply charges that do not exist, and second: give me one days notice of intention to collect a direct debit (bill issued 18th of March - only received by post today).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Necrominus wrote: »
    Hi all, hope you can help me.
    Last month I exited my contract early with eircom due to the price increase. I was permitted to do this over the phone, and despite the many offers I was given to stay with the company, cancelled my contract and moved to Sky.
    Switchover was painless, unlike a few of the threads I've seen on these forums with not even ten minutes of service interruption, something I must commend yourselves and Sky upon.
    However to my shock I received my final bill this morning, with early cancellation fees applied for both broadband and home phone! I had expected, and was willing, to pay minimal charges for the days service was provided before the switch, however with discounts applied and minus the cancellation fees it appears that Eircom owe me money!
    Now I'm not requesting that money, but what I would like is to have these cancellation charges removed post haste.
    As a side note my direct debit has been cancelled already, and any charges eircom place upon my account for attempting to claim these false charges will also be expected to be reimbursed. I also would like to point out that I find it very sneaky of the company to first off; apply charges that do not exist, and second: give me one days notice of intention to collect a direct debit (bill issued 18th of March - only received by post today).
    Hi Necrominus

Please PM me your eircom account number and I will look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 39 samvimes

I had a very similar experience, phoned on the 19th of Feb on receipt of the email about the price increases, spoke to a lady in the loyalty   
    dept and successfully cancelled the account, or so I thought.  I had expected a bill this month but as there was no mention of cancellation 
    I decided to phone Eircom.  They have no record of the cancellation, the phone number was transferred to UPC and the explained that it was only a forward,  UPC have confirmed that the port took place on the 25th of Feb.

I'm planning to forward the email I received today and the one from Feb 19th to comreg along with a complaint.  I was planning to consider eircom again in 18 months time but now this will not happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

samvimes wrote: »
    I had a very similar experience, phoned on the 19th of Feb on receipt of the email about the price increases, spoke to a lady in the loyalty   
    dept and successfully cancelled the account, or so I thought.  I had expected a bill this month but as there was no mention of cancellation 
    I decided to phone Eircom.  They have no record of the cancellation, the phone number was transferred to UPC and the explained that it was only a forward,  UPC have confirmed that the port took place on the 25th of Feb.

I'm planning to forward the email I received today and the one from Feb 19th to comreg along with a complaint.  I was planning to consider eircom again in 18 months time but now this will not happen
    Very sorry to hear of this samvimes

Please feel free to PM me your eircom account number and I'll look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement