Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Email Provider and Business Bank Account

Options
  • 31-03-2015 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭

It's me again!

I am looking for opinions on best email providers and business bank account providers.

Regards email, it has to have a great calendar that I can log meetings into, arrange appointments with etc. Also looking for something that is great for organisation and is easy to manage, while also being easy on the eye as quite a lot of time will be spent using it. At the moment I am leaning towards Gmail for its functionality although I prefer the look of outlook!

My personal current account is with AIB and I really like them. Things that are important to me is online banking, fees and overdraft facility/business loans in the future.

Thanks again!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

You can use pretty much any email provider via outlook so you may as well just do that if you are happy with it. I use AIB I find the online banking very good. I have accounts with Natwest (which I assume is going to be similar enough to Ulsters offering) and Clydesdale (National Bank of Australia) and I find AIBs much easier to use. Not sure how the fees stack up but from listening to others it seems they are little higher than average but I am happy to pay that as for me the service is very good. I haven't needed much finance so far but when I did use an over draft for a while it was set up on my account in around an hour which I was amazed by! If you are handling cash another consideration might be how far it is to your nearest branch as you obviously don't want to be going too far with a load of cash on a regular basis and also they have reduced the number of branches that issue change to just the core branches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

Generally the best bank is the one you have a relationship with already, as long as you have been a good boy! AIB and Ulster online offerings are very decent.
    Outlook integrates well with all devices and service providers, if it has all you need and you are familiar with it, no brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,571 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

My advice for email is spend a small bit of money and get yourself a .ie business domain name and some cheap hosting.
    You don't need to create a website for the domain but you can use it for professional looking e-mail address..

Outlook is hard to beat as an email client, Thunderbird from Mozila works well although I've never used the calendar function..

Get yourself a .ie domain and use it for email, personally I think its not good enough to use g-mail for business.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

_Brian wrote: »
    Get yourself a .ie domain and use it for email, personally I think its not good enough to use g-mail for business.

The email address will be the business name (I meant gmail for business!).

I am leaning towards outlook and AIB goin by the replies.

Thanks,

Advertisement