Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord asking for ID & Documents

Options
  • 31-03-2015 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Not entirely sure if its related to Biz but here goes

I have a sub-lease on an office and the agent for the landlord is asking for photo ID and a home address bill

Anyone else ever asked for this? Just think its a bit dodge as I've been here 5 years and never asked before, the lease and billing are in the company name.

I might be moving to another location next year so I dont want some agent with my photo ID and proof of address?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Is the landlord a bank? They have some very stringent rules on AML so it might be linked to that. If it is not, simply tell them you will look into it (and then do nothing.) You've been there 5 years, it's a sub-lease, so what you would have to give would depend on the covenants. I'd be slow to readily pass over that info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

yep - got it with leases I've signed since 2012

This from my solicitor on lease notes

"Solicitors are now included under anti money laundering legislation and accordingly you must furnish us with a copy of passport/drving licence, a household bill and a note of your pps/tax number"

Probably updating their files - they are meant to have this for every lease they control - even sub leases.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Buttercake

yep thats exactly the reason I got when asked about it further!!

they said they were getting an inspection next month from anti-money laundering office and needed to update their client info including tenants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Buttercake wrote: »
    yep thats exactly the reason I got when asked about it further!!

they said they were getting an inspection next month from anti-money laundering office and needed to update their client info including tenants

tut tut - they should have had all details in place since 2012! :)

Advertisement